Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

Welcome To The Mazda Family... The New CX-5!!!

Old 03-10-2012, 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by Glenn Stewart
Crazy!
I think the attitude will shift over the next few years with fuel prices ever increasing.
Nah. Generations would have to die to replace thinking schematics here.

Currently my CX-5 is strapped down to the decks of Azalea Ace, and going from port to port in Japan picking up Subarus, Toyotas and Lexus's to sit among the Mazda's that are already there.
Expected to land in Sydney - 23rd March. Can't wait!
And mine is waiting on the dealer lot :-) To my great surprise after my fights with first dealer the second one managed to deliver my chosen CX-5 (color/trim/equipment, everything I wanted) within 3 days. Leaving house in 0.5h to go and pick it up

Old 03-10-2012, 03:40 PM
Super Moderator

'Just saw this. You must have the new car home by now Tomas?

Congratulations!!

Old 03-10-2012, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by Tomasz
And mine is waiting on the dealer lot :-) To my great surprise after my fights with first dealer the second one managed to deliver my chosen CX-5 (color/trim/equipment, everything I wanted) within 3 days. Leaving house in 0.5h to go and pick it up
Wow! Worth it in the end.
Very keen to see how you go. I'll be following you in 3 weeks, so I'll have to live through your report and photos until the damn thing gets here.
Still strapped to the deck of the ship - means I can't play.

Meanwhile waxed and showed off my old 2005 SP23 yesterday. 7 years on, it's still a great look and fantastic performing vehicle. Will be sad to see it go.

Old 03-11-2012, 10:07 AM

Thanks!

So far I have put exactly 20 miles on the car from the dealer's lot to my garage only to leave house 1h later for 10 days long of vacation. So no upgrade will follow during that time.

I only managed to scotch guard the interior to let it properly settle down before we drive it. Also before my wife gets her chance I will protect paint using 5 star shine. So it looks like it won't see the road before next Wednesday.

Old 03-12-2012, 05:30 AM

I will protect paint using 5 star shine. So it looks like it won't see the road before next Wednesday.
Completely aware of scotch guarding (and will do it myself).
But had to Google "5 star shine".

Ever used it before? What's it like? Anyone else use it before?
Any chance of before and after shots?

If it's any good, I might order it before my CX-5 arrives.

Old 03-12-2012, 06:29 PM

Completely aware of scotch guarding (and will do it myself).
But had to Google "5 star shine".

Ever used it before? What's it like? Anyone else use it before?
Any chance of before and after shots?
Did not use it before but a friend of mine, whose opinion I value, swears by it. He applied it to his airplane and says that he had not waxed it since, yet the bugs come off of wings easily and it looks like it was painted yesterday. So I figured 'if it's good for his 180mph Bonanza I may as well give it a try'.

Old 03-13-2012, 08:14 AM

Did not use it before but a friend of mine, whose opinion I value, swears by it. He applied it to his airplane and says that he had not waxed it since, yet the bugs come off of wings easily and it looks like it was painted yesterday. So I figured 'if it's good for his 180mph Bonanza I may as well give it a try'.
After reading your post, came across the following which some guys from the Mazda Australia forums seem to rave about:
For the Consumer

There is a place just down the road from me that puts these one, and has some good videos:
nanoshield1's Channel - YouTube
(Look for videos where they apply coating to Lambos and the like).
Example:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95JNJ...6&feature=plcp

The product looks decent, and given it's a US product - you'd probably easily find places that do it cheaply.

Thought I'd mention it.... thinking of doing it

Last edited by Glenn Stewart; 03-13-2012 at 08:19 AM.
Old 03-13-2012, 10:07 AM

The product looks decent, and given it's a US product - you'd probably easily find places that do it cheaply.
Can't find the quote right now but I've seen somewhere that 5 star is exactly the same product that dealers sell to you for $400-600 sans the 5 year warranty (and of course different brand). I was going to try it on my '99 Range Rover, but I'll give it a shot on CX-5 first. If it works, I'll buy another one for Range. I'm especially looking forward to protect my roof - it never gets enough attention while washing and waxing.

Old 03-13-2012, 06:26 PM

I test drove a top of the line CX-5 2 weeks ago and realy like it. I went for a second road test with a middle equipped GS (here in Canada) and finally decided to make the move.
It wont be easy to trade my 2008.5 black speed3 for the CX-5 but hey, a new job a bit further (40 miles versus 4 miles) made the choice a bit easier. I was barely getting 19 mpg with my Speed3 and a few speeding ticket made it for me.
I love how the new CX-5 handle and feels, it's got tons of space in the back seats and trunk. Anyway i ordered it last thursday's and should get it in 2 to 3 weeks.
I cross-shopped the Sportage, Tucson, CR-V and the Forester. Sportage looks great and feels ok but as the Tucson they still have a so-so resale value. The CR-V is not bad either but i didnt like the 5 speed only tranny, same goes with the forester.
The CX-5 feels really agile and precise and as someone point before i like the work of the trans, downshifting by itself when slowing down. The 40/20/40 folding back seat are really cool and also a japanese automaker is finally going on par with the Korean for equipement.
I will keep you update with my new purchase when it get's here.

Last edited by Exspeedaway; 03-15-2012 at 06:03 PM. Reason: Update
Old 03-15-2012, 06:05 PM
Thumbs down

Well it appears it will take 6 to 8 weeks for my cx-5 delivery.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Welcome To The Mazda Family... The New CX-5!!!