Site Updates & Announcements Stop in here to get the latest on MF happenings!

SPAMMERs Banned Last Night, 07/07/09

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 01:17 PM
Super Moderator
Default SPAMMERs Banned Last Night, 07/07/09

I am told that we had up to 9 SPAMMERs wreaking (sp?) havoc on the forum last night.
Billy Mays, Michael Jackson, FAIL, BOOMMTHRFKR, FHCMOD, ImRickyandIlovefgts, JDMSOUTHDOTCOMWASHERE, YOUDIDTHISTOYOURSELF, ZIM ZIM SALA BIM are all gone thanks to one of our most active Moderators, Tracker. Thanks a bunch, Tracker!!
He found and deleted it even before most of you knew it was here. (Me too. )

Apparently they got onto the boards as well as in one member's Photo Gallery album (VB) and posted their nonsense.

I wanted to extend to all our good members that if there are any residual posts or comments to please let one or all of the Mods know and we will eliminate it for you. Also, if you find SPAM anywhere on the forum before we do, please report it.

In most cases you can simply hit the report post button on the upper RH side of any posting. It looks like this:

Likewise, if you find SPAM posted as a comment in your picture gallery, you can delete it yourselves. If you find SPAM in someone else's album, please report it as a PM or e-mail to the Mods or the member who's album it is.

The Moderator staff here works hard to keep SPAM off the boards. Between us all we are usually able to delete it within an hour of it being reported or posted, or as soon as we find it ourselves. Sometimes it's a fine line and a judgment call has to be made. Other times it's clear and obvious, but we have a good staff of Moderators here with access to all areas of the forum, so what one can do, we all could do.

Thank you all for your patience and persistence, and for helping us to keep these boards clean and clear of this garbage.

Sincerely, virgin1

Last edited by virgin1; 07-08-2009 at 01:19 PM.
Old 07-08-2009, 11:15 PM
VB

Richard, were you able to see what the contents of BillyMays's (completely non-humorous name btw, Billy Mays was the MAN) comments? I'm curious.

Old 07-12-2009, 07:20 PM
Super Moderator

I saw that they were "deleted," but didn't go any further. I removed them completely.

What was posted?

Old 07-12-2009, 09:52 PM
VB

If you didn't see, you don't wanna see. Trust me.