Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

Recommend speaker upgrade 2023 CX-5 base

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2023, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by egdrive
"DONT TOUCH THE SETTINGS"! Thank you for sharing that, Callisto; it made me laugh.

In my Mazda it took over 3 hours to set adjustments on 4 adjustable Rockford Fosgate amps and a AudioControl EQX for one channel of Sirus which is smooth jazz.

Here is a picture of 3 of the 4 amps. the additional amp is under drivers seat and the EQ under passenger seat.

Last edited by Callisto; 07-18-2023 at 04:52 PM.
Old 07-18-2023, 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by Callisto

In my Mazda it took over 3 hours to set adjustments on 4 adjustable Rockford Fosgate amps and a AudioControl EQX for one channel of Sirus which is smooth jazz.

Here is a picture of 3 of the 4 amps. the additional amp is under drivers seat and the EQ under passenger seat.

That's beautiful. I admire your skill and dedication.

Old 07-18-2023, 05:12 PM

That's beautiful. I admire your skill and dedication.

Thank you.
Most of the stereo upgrade using the basic BOSE system that came with my 2018 Mazda 3 and most all MAZDA heads up display and controls as well steering wheel controls is pictured here: Post # 14 - # 20
The speaker choices and placement took a few months of trial error.

Post # 14 - # 20
Mazda3 Things I like to do - Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums

Old 07-20-2023, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by Callisto
Thank you.
Most of the stereo upgrade using the basic BOSE system that came with my 2018 Mazda 3 and most all MAZDA heads up display and controls as well steering wheel controls is pictured here: Post # 14 - # 20
The speaker choices and placement took a few months of trial error.

Post # 14 - # 20
Mazda3 Things I like to do - Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums
Callisto,

Just had a chance to go through your “Mazda3 Things I like to do” post, #s14 – 20. That’s a wonderful setup you crafted. I have not had decent bass in a car system since the 70s, and those Jensen speakers were not really anything to write home about. Those were the days I felt comfortable working on cars doing basics: oil, filters, plugs, points, timing, hoses, belts, brakes, alternators, Cherry Bomb swap-ins and such.

What I see you have modded with your 3, extending beyond the audio setup, humbles me to no end. I like the bones of the Mazda, so I feel what you have done with the car is so right. Just beautiful. I remember a mechanic telling me – again in high school – that when wanted new tires and suspension pieces on what was admittedly a beat-up Capri, I was putting a band-aid on a failing vehicle. He was right, of course.

Old 07-20-2023, 12:33 PM

Callisto,

Just had a chance to go through your “Mazda3 Things I like to do” post, #s14 – 20. That’s a wonderful setup you crafted. I have not had decent bass in a car system since the 70s, and those Jensen speakers were not really anything to write home about. Those were the days I felt comfortable working on cars doing basics: oil, filters, plugs, points, timing, hoses, belts, brakes, alternators, Cherry Bomb swap-ins and such.

What I see you have modded with your 3, extending beyond the audio setup, humbles me to no end. I like the bones of the Mazda, so I feel what you have done with the car is so right. Just beautiful. I remember a mechanic telling me – again in high school – that when wanted new tires and suspension pieces on what was admittedly a beat-up Capri, I was putting a band-aid on a failing vehicle. He was right, of course.
Thak you for looking at my thread and the compliments. That means a lot that a member took the time to look over it.
My second car was a 1965 Olds F895 Station wagon in Highschool. It was my first 1/4 mile street racer. LOL In 1976 I did 12's at Fremont Drag Strip. Had I listened to some people I never would have had a rewarding career in the automotive industry.

BTW I always though that the 1972-73 Mercury capri had some serious potential for a street freak back then. I liked the chrome bumpers.... they would have been the first things to come off.

Old 08-17-2023, 07:00 PM
Default The whole radio is terrible

Sound in my turbo is ok but it has the worst controls ever devised. 3 screens everyti.e you want to change the channel. Somebody that has never driven designed this system.

Old 08-18-2023, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by Dunnsm98
Sound in my turbo is ok but it has the worst controls ever devised. 3 screens everyti.e you want to change the channel. Somebody that has never driven designed this system.
What is the new members lately joining to comp-lain about their NEW Mazda? And same gripe on 2 threads already.

Actually if you simply take the time and read your owners manual. Then sit in your Mazda and learn how all the control work you will find it is a well-designed system.

Old 08-26-2023, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by dannyw
I’m not looking for anything to knock my socks off but just something better than the originals. This is the first car I have ever owned where I thought the speakers were so bad I that they needed to be replaced. Originally the bass and treble were up all the way and it was boomy, moving the bass and treble to the middle made it tolerable but still boomy and harsh. I will play around with the tone controls and driver/everywhere settings but ultimately will probably end up replacing at least some of the 4 speakers. Any recommendations that won’t break the bank?
This thread seemed to veer off into some interesting places. I have a simple suggestion. We have a 2020 CX-5 Sport (base) and I replaced the factory speakers with Kicker speakers purchased from Crutchfield. They provided everything I needed for the swap and the sound is *miles* better.

Old 08-26-2023, 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by scottst
This thread seemed to veer off into some interesting places. I have a simple suggestion. We have a 2020 CX-5 Sport (base) and I replaced the factory speakers with Kicker speakers purchased from Crutchfield. They provided everything I needed for the swap and the sound is *miles* better.
Thanks I’ll keep that in mind.