Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

Our daughter is getting a CX-5. Sources for extended warranty? And needed?

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2023, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by DianeJinOK
Sorry, I didn't mean to break any rules. My intention was to respond to the part where they said they wanted a newer and more reliable car, and when deciding whether to get an extended warranty, that the cylinder head issue hasn't been fixed (even though a lot of people think it has been since the service bulletin only goes up to 2020 or 2021), so if they want a Mazda they might want to consider getting the extended warranty, or at least do some digging to see how prevalent the cracked cylinder head issue is.
You are not understanding what the TSB service was. TSB are written for specifically authorized dealerships and Automotive Technician's not DIYs. Although they are now available through the NTSB I suggest as I have to others to read them and also the superseded information and unless you experienced in automotive service repair not assume anything that is not written in the TSB. I also suggest that if you do not understand what is included exactly worded in extended warranty not to assume anything especially about engine and transmission coverages? Each one of those dozens or more extended warranty coverages even the factory or dealership ones are specifically and carefully written what they cover or do not cover. If you don't know ask them and you may even need to get that in writing before getting one. But don't assume what is or is not covered!

Old 08-16-2023, 07:44 AM

Sorry, I didn't mean to break any rules. My intention was to respond to the part where they said they wanted a newer and more reliable car, and when deciding whether to get an extended warranty, that the cylinder head issue hasn't been fixed (even though a lot of people think it has been since the service bulletin only goes up to 2020 or 2021), so if they want a Mazda they might want to consider getting the extended warranty, or at least do some digging to see how prevalent the cracked cylinder head issue is.
No need to apologize, you didn't break any rules and your response was relevant to what the OP mentions as to things popping up either under warranty or out of warranty that could need fixing.

Old 08-16-2023, 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by Callisto
You are not understanding what the TSB service was. TSB are written for specifically authorized dealerships and Automotive Technician's not DIYs. Although they are now available through the NTSB I suggest as I have to others to read them and also the superseded information and unless you experienced in automotive service repair not assume anything that is not written in the TSB. I also suggest that if you do not understand what is included exactly worded in extended warranty not to assume anything especially about engine and transmission coverages? Each one of those dozens or more extended warranty coverages even the factory or dealership ones are specifically and carefully written what they cover or do not cover. If you don't know ask them and you may even need to get that in writing before getting one. But don't assume what is or is not covered!
Dude, what is wrong with you? Also for all your vast automotive knowledge, please look up when to use exclamation points, for all our sakes.

Old 08-16-2023, 10:20 AM

you can email katelynh@wernerauto.com for a quote. They are out of New Hampshire

Old 08-17-2023, 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by climbinglife
Dude, what is wrong with you? Also for all your vast automotive knowledge, please look up when to use exclamation points, for all our sakes.
He's on my Ignore List. Too bad it doesn't work when he gets quoted.

Old 08-17-2023, 07:35 AM

He doesn't run the place and has no business telling anybody what they can and cannot post.

Old 08-17-2023, 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by Alexmed2002
If you want the warranty, getting a certified pre-owned (CPO) would be your best bet as it extends on the factory warranties from the first in service date. You also won't be paying for a new car and losing a ton of value when you drive off the lot. Otherwise, I don't see the point in getting an extended warranty. I've had 2 vehicles that were higher mileage with no warranty and I put a lot of miles with no issues. Only when I had my Subaru did I have the head gaskets start to go out under the factory warranty, and that saved me like $4k.
Sage advice.

Old 08-17-2023, 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by 1killera4
He doesn't run the place and has no business telling anybody what they can and cannot post.
Going OFF topic is generally in the fashion that is now beging with at least 2 members is not the best thing to do again on any forum especially when it is in negative responses!
No one said "breaking rules" however if you pull your head out that dark place.... you have understood that there is some etiquette of common since things you do and don't do as a new member on vehicle forums. At your age I wonder why you do not understand that?
Also on the top list of members that are generally despised on most all forums in general are what is called grammar ****. One really like them !
Lets see if that ignore list threat really works

Originally Posted by katiejo330
you can email for a quote. They are out of New Hampshire
Welcome to the forum . I suggest you look at the requirement to advertise your business on this forum. They were outlined when you joined to read and accept the terms as a member.

Old 08-17-2023, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by Feetsdr
Our daughter & son-in-law are getting a CX-5 after her 2015 Nissan Rogue Select is needing a fair amount of work. And they are going to have a child in a month so they want a newer / more reliable car.

My wife has a 2020 Subaru Outback and we got the Subaru prepaid maintenance package and extended warranty - gold 8 years / 120K miles with $0 deducible from a dealer in another state at a big savings from the list price.

a) Anyone recommend / not recommend the extended warranty? There seems to be sooo much electronics / features in cars these days. I drive a 2013 Honda Civic and can deal with fixing simple things or would drive around with a window with a faulty motor, etc. to save money. They wouldn't do that (and I wouldn't want them doing that). Having an extended warranty, there's less / no concern about the price of repairs? So they'll be sure to get things fixed.?

b) are there dealers that sell Mazda extended warranties over the web? Is there a previous thread about them? I looked but didn't find anything.

Thanks!
Im not sure if you intend to purchase a new Mazda or a Used ?
If its used , I suggest a REPUTABLE dealer - even then after being in auto sales for a long time - we would always say buying a used car is buying someone elses problems - yet you can find a good used if you reduce
the number of factors that could reveal bad history or likley abuse ( rent a cars ) -
The dealer should offer a CPO as one member said - certified pre-owned
I suggest new ,..if you go new Mazda the warrantys are now called VSAs - Vehicle Service Agreements - which extend a warranty up to 10yrs - 125k miles and 0 deductable -
My only other suggestion ...avoid cars with CVT transmissions - One reason I still buy Mazdas.
Sad that a 2015 anything is kaput ( if it was properly maintained )

Old 08-17-2023, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by Callisto
Going OFF topic is generally in the fashion that is now beging with at least 2 members is not the best thing to do again on any forum especially when it is in negative responses!
No one said "breaking rules" however if you pull your head out that dark place.... you have understood that there is some etiquette of common since things you do and don't do as a new member on vehicle forums. At your age I wonder why you do not understand that?
Also on the top list of members that are generally despised on most all forums in general are what is called grammar ****. One really like them !
Lets see if that ignore list threat really works
Stunningly, you've missed the point entirely. I'll try one more time. The point of that particular piece of punctuation in the written form is to add emphasis, a feeling of strong emotion or excitement. It can also come off like your yelling at whoever you're writing too. So either you're really excited when you write your replies or you think somehow, it's your duty to sternly educate everyone that posts, like it's your job. It's like when a teenager uses all caps in a text. In no way would I ever get confused with being the grammar police but since your posts are laden with punctuation marks used in the wrong place, it comes off like you are scolding, yelling, condescending too, everyone you're addressing. I think I speak for more than a few people on this forum and from what I've been told, people that have had interactions with you, and left this forum, take some time and re-read what you write before hitting submit. Forums are generally a place where people come together for an exchange of ideas and a mutual love about a particular subject or hobby. Why ruin it with replies that come off superior, disrespectful and scolding? You are just going to chase good people away that have genuine questions, or just wanna post cool or fun things they've done with their car.

Also, responded to your PM, never heard back. I can't imagine why. But I have no problem talking this out there as to not muddy the forum traffic.

Apologies to the OP and moderators, which this guy isn't.
Now back to our regularly scheduled program.

-Vin

Last edited by climbinglife; 08-17-2023 at 11:16 AM.

Quick Reply: Our daughter is getting a CX-5. Sources for extended warranty? And needed?