Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No Android Auto in CX5 G35 2023 infotainment until a later date. is this true?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2023, 06:50 AM
Default No Android Auto in CX5 G35 2023 infotainment until a later date. is this true?

Hi All, I purchased a new Mazda CX5 G35 GT SP 2023 model with the new 10.5 inch infotainment system but dealership said there is no support for Android auto available in Australia for it yet and i need to wait until it supports the new infotainment system.

Are they not technical and telling me lies or is this true? Can't find anywhere to confirm this statement

Even though other models in marketing campaigns with the 10.5 inch infotainment show it does supports Android auto, was this a bait and catch marketing campaign?
The infotainment system in my CX5 does have a logo for Apple iOS but no logo for Android Auto.

I do understand there is a wait for the wireless module coming in late June 2023 and this is not related.

Any help to get this rectified would be appreciated.

Last edited by Mazski; 04-18-2023 at 06:54 AM.
Old 04-18-2023, 07:03 AM

That's kind of odd. I'm not surprised if it turned out to be true though. Here in the US, there are some cars (I believe one of Chevy's cars) that will have Android Auto, but not Apple Carplay due to some legal/payment issues or something. I had been under the assumption that all CX-5s models had Apple Carplay included.

Old 04-18-2023, 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by Alexmed2002
That's kind of odd. I'm not surprised if it turned out to be true though. Here in the US, there are some cars (I believe one of Chevy's cars) that will have Android Auto, but not Apple Carplay due to some legal/payment issues or something. I had been under the assumption that all CX-5s models had Apple Carplay included.
My car does have an apple car play logo so believe it does support it - but i don't use iPhone to test it out. The CX-5 2023 models have the new 10.5 inch infotainment with a totally different User Interface to the old 2022 7.5 inch infotainment.

I come from a tech background so only thing I can think off is that mazda are maybe not officially licensed to use Android auto under the new OS system in the new cars here in Australia region...

Old 04-18-2023, 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by Mazski
My car does have an apple car play logo so believe it does support it - but i don't use iPhone to test it out. The CX-5 2023 models have the new 10.5 inch infotainment with a totally different User Interface to the old 2022 7.5 inch infotainment.

I come from a tech background so only thing I can think off is that mazda are maybe not officially licensed to use Android auto under the new OS system in the new cars here in Australia region...
Oops sorry I meant I'm surprised that Mazda wouldn't include Android Auto. Have you tried going for a test drive and plugging in your phone to see if it works? That would probably be the only thing that will answer your question if nobody else can.

Old 04-18-2023, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by Alexmed2002
Oops sorry I meant I'm surprised that Mazda wouldn't include Android Auto. Have you tried going for a test drive and plugging in your phone to see if it works? That would probably be the only thing that will answer your question if nobody else can.
owned the car for 3 months now, it definitely doesn't work, and this is coming from an IT technician with over 10+ years experience and tested with 2 different android phones galaxy S10 and Galaxy S20. If it did have it im sure the home screen would display the apple and android logo, currently only the apple logo displays on the home screen.

As far as I'm aware the dealership need to install Android auto when it's supposedly ready. Seems to work fine in US CX5's https://youtu.be/9k3s9NBRwH4

Would love to know if i can update the firmware/software in the car myself without having to visit the service centre?

Last edited by Mazski; 04-18-2023 at 10:20 AM.
Old 04-18-2023, 10:32 AM

Mazda Australia has flagged that Android Auto will be temporary unavailable for all vehicles built between November 2022 and March 2023 and will need to be activated via a software update.

A Mazda Australia spokesperson confirmed the feature is temporarily unavailable because it hasn’t obtained certification from Google yet.

The free software update is expected from April 2023 but will need to be performed at a Mazda dealer.

Old 04-18-2023, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by Lobstah
Mazda Australia has flagged that Android Auto will be temporary unavailable for all vehicles built between November 2022 and March 2023 and will need to be activated via a software update.

A Mazda Australia spokesperson confirmed the feature is temporarily unavailable because it hasn’t obtained certification from Google yet.

The free software update is expected from April 2023 but will need to be performed at a Mazda dealer.
Thankyou for the confirmation, funny how this information is only available on a 3rd party website (carexpert.com.au) and not through the official mazda channels.

Old 04-18-2023, 11:46 AM

Thankyou for the confirmation, funny how this information is only available on a 3rd party website (carexpert.com.au) and not through the official mazda channels.
Yah I was trying to look online and really couldn't find much myself. Mazda probably just wants this issue to be resolved quietly lol.

Old 04-25-2023, 01:06 AM
Super Moderator

It's well known within Mazda.

If you selling dealer was doing their job properly they would of told you at inspection, prior to purchase and handover.