Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Found that doing my oil change

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2023, 07:14 PM
Default Found that doing my oil change

Hi All , as I was unmounting the access pannel for the oil plug and filter of my mazda cx-5 I found that ...*see picture * I have no idea what that is ...anybody would ? Last time I've taken my car to the garage was for changing all 4 shocks absorber .
thank you in advance

I found that when I did my oil change I don't know what it is any of you guys had an idea The last time I took my car to the garage was to install shock absorber...Mazda cx5 2013

Old 04-13-2023, 12:04 PM

Well it is a heat shield and had to have fasteners removed to remove it. As for where IDK you might wait and see if Grim knows or look at a parts diagram from a OEM parts supplier to figure it out?

Old 04-13-2023, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by Callisto
Well it is a heat shield and had to have fasteners removed to remove it. As for where IDK you might wait and see if Grim knows or look at a parts diagram from a OEM parts supplier to figure it out?
Thank you very much for the quick reply .. I just wonder how a heat shield that had been fastened needed to be removed only to install shock absorber... Cuz like I said that's the only thing I've been taking my car to the garage for.

Old 04-13-2023, 02:39 PM

Did you try going to a REAL OEM MAZDA parts website. Enter you year model and engine size. Then use search and enter Heat Sheild and or insulator You should get diagrams of several that are on your Mazda. Maybe one will come up and then you can use that information to see where it came from? Maybe/

Old 04-14-2023, 04:34 AM

I went with all the oem site that I could think of ...and obviously couldn't find the matching part , I"ve tried " shield " " heat shield " " insulator " and so on but nothing matched ...I"m really clueless so I guess I"ll be condamed to go to my local dealer with the part itself ...and ask lol

thanks anyway guys !

Old 04-14-2023, 07:14 AM

In all my years of going to various garages I can say I found my share of items in my vehicle.
Items that were never part of my vehicle to begin with, like a "roach clip" and "church key" left on my air cleaner.
Thankfully I was able to find a use for both...

Old 04-14-2023, 08:53 AM

Thank you ...that cheered me up ! LoL

Old 04-25-2023, 10:45 AM

Well it turnded out that I"m getting close to solve this little mystery , this weekeknd as I was driving on the highway , I've noticed that my outside temperature indicator was rising abnormally , like by 3 times the outside temperature ...I haven't investigate further but wouldn't it have to be related ?

Old 04-25-2023, 12:21 PM

Not likely your issue as the ambient temperature sensor is behind the grill in front of the radiator.
There is no heat shield around it just the grill/bumper/bumper cover and splash guard.
That sensor has been known to fail.

Old 04-25-2023, 12:33 PM

Thank you j...ust turned out to be a coincidence.

Quick Reply: Found that doing my oil change