Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New member new CX-5

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2014, 10:37 AM
Super Moderator

I agree w/CX-SV. Extended warranties are more often than not a way to get more $$$ out of your pocket and into theirs. Better to just have a little money put aside for a rainy day, and have it gain a little interest in your account rather than theirs.
It would have to be a VERY special deal for me to bite on an extended warranty.

Old 05-31-2014, 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by tanprotege
Welcome to the forum, newbies!

hugo: you must have been given the Escape from hell, and then you decided to escape this hell.
From what I read this CX5 is a true Mazda design. One thing with Mazda though: corrosion protection seems to be insufficient. You may want to visit these guys before long:
Krown Rust Control| Rustproofing & Protection for Cars, Trucks, Vans
thanks
I will visit the rust proof guys!

Old 05-31-2014, 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by jvbw0527
Hey hugodaniel! I also looked at a forester last year....Liked the car a lot, hated the passenger seat. My husbands head was like in the roof and there wasn't much adjusting you could do since its manual with no height adjustment. The only other Subaru I was going to consider was the Crosstrek, but never actually drove one.

I just read about another Escape recall

congrats on your new ride!!
thanks
The Subaru looked cheap inside and I road tested the Crosstek but after the Escape is too small, I was looking for something a little bigger and more comfortable and I decided for the CX5.

Old 06-14-2014, 05:03 AM
Smile Buying cx5 2015 model

Hey Guys,

Just to ask if Mazda (CX5) has a problem on the air condition especially to be used here in United Arab EMirates.. I've heard previously that the air condition cannot provide sufficient cold in a hot stream condition area.

Please advise.

Old 06-14-2014, 04:29 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by shaungix
Hey Guys,
Just to ask if Mazda (CX5) has a problem on the air condition especially to be used here in United Arab EMirates.. I've heard previously that the air condition cannot provide sufficient cold in a hot stream condition area.

Please advise.

This is not something I've heard about with the CX-5. I don't have a CX-5 but have not heard or read of any complaints about the A/C in it.
My own 1st gen Mazda3 (Axela) doesn't have the best A/C in the world and at the time it was a topic for complaint by all the automotive journalists. I'm pretty sure Mazda has addressed that issue since, or the auto journalists would still be complaining about the HVAC system.

Do we have a CX-5 owners that can verify my answer this question?

Old 06-15-2014, 12:29 PM
Angry What do you think of the auto lock?

My only complaint on this car is the auto lock that does not allow the trunk to lock until you walk 10 feet away. How long till you think the sensor will go out on that. There is absolutely no way to make sure the trunk is really locked unless you lay down you remote key in a parking lot ten feet away, walk back to the car and check it and then go on about your business. If you have several hundred dollars worth of merchandise in your car as you are traveling around you are really taking a risk that this mechanism is always working. And if it fails and your possessions are stolen out of your vehicle Mazda will simply say "well you must have left the vehicle unlocked because of course it always works".
I think it is a stupid security issue. I am not willing to take that kind of risk over many years of use and now I find that I will have to go to a body shop and see if there is any way I can get a regular keyed lock installed. This would have been a deal breaker if I had known but who would have asked if the trunk locks when all the other doors lock, duh? And who would say? Bad, bad design in my opinion. Nice you can opening it with a button, how about locking it guys?

Old 06-15-2014, 03:07 PM

Hi - I'm a new member also. Just joined today. We have two Mazdas a 1993 Mx5 and 2009 mazda 3. Both great cars. I'm from Eugene Oregon and love it here!! I also have a tricked out f350 and custom Kia soul.

Old 06-25-2014, 03:28 PM
Question

I am considering purchasing a new CX-5 and been researching a lot about this car. I have seen people complaining about the heat not working properly or taking too long to heat the car. Also, quite a few people reported that they have found inside their windshield coated in ice, or that their window has shut frozen and unable to open the window. We live in NY where we do have some harsh winter time, so I was wondering if anyone here has experienced any of this.

Also, we want to get the manual transmission, and I have hard time finding much about it, as mostly have the T or GT automatic. Another question is, 2014 or 2015 model? Any input is greatly appreciated.