Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New member new CX-5

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2014, 12:32 PM
Default New member new CX-5

Hi everyone! I'm new to the forum and new to Mazda!

Just got my 2015 blue reflex mica CX-5 GT (no tech package) about two weeks ago.....love it!! I also looked at the Santa Fe sport, and Rogue.
We traded in my husbands 2011 F-150 for the Mazda, and he took my 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee. So, now we're both getting better gas mileage....lol

Getting the Mazda tinted this saturday!!
Then getting the auto dimming mirror/homelink put in

I'm also going to have the Mazda remote start installed when it gets closer to colder weather. I might also do the splash guards and door sill plates. possibly the roof rails in the future too......the list is ongoing!

Old 05-21-2014, 09:16 PM

Congrats! That's the same color I chose but I won't get my new ride for another few days. Oddly, the dealer only had a BRM color in the GT trim w/Tech package which came with the remote start. Although I live in one of the colder states, I just couldn't justify spending $500 for the remote start. Dealer is doing a local trade for the same color/configuration without remote start so shouldn't be too much longer.

No trade but my former ride was a '91 Mazda B-2600i Cab Plus SE5 pickup which I bought new. My son had absconded with it for college then bought a used '00 Crown Vic (former state patrol squad car) so dumped the PU in our garage last winter where it sat and I watched the clumps of rust fall off. I donated it earlier this month to charity but that left me carless when the wife was using her ride ('10 Toyota Camry Hybrid).

About the only mods I plan on making are replacing the interior bulbs with LED festoons. Mine will feature the HID bi-level Xenon headlights so anxious to see how they perform.

Lady I work with has a '13 CX-5 Grand Touring in Blue Mica and says she absolutely loves it.

Old 05-24-2014, 08:31 AM
Smile

Hi everyone!
I am new in the forum and picked up a 2015 CX-5 GS AWD a couple of days ago in aluminum met. mica and so far so good, traded in a 2010 Ford Escape which since day one ABS light coming on and off, dealer replace the LF wheel speed sensor and didn't solve the problem, fuel pump module went @ 30,000 kms which I replaced on my own because was intermittent until one day the car didn't start, dash foam coming off, driver's seat padding shifting, LF axle shaft leaking oil, Right Front radio speaker started to rattle even with low volume and the one that made me think in the Job #1 that Ford claims the hatch got totally corroded @ the bottom seam, had the car for 4 years & 1 month and 84,000 kms. and I think no more Fords and traded in for the CX5, I chose it 1st because is made in Japan and the fuel economy, I road tested 2014 Nissan Rogue which is nice but I am afraid of the CVT reliability, my other choice was the Subaru Forester that has a CVT too, but seems to be stronger, but the Subaru looked to cheap inside, less equipment and more expensive than the CX5, I hope I made the right decision.

Last edited by hugodaniel; 05-24-2014 at 08:34 AM.
Old 05-24-2014, 09:16 AM

Welcome to the forum, newbies!

hugo: you must have been given the Escape from hell, and then you decided to escape this hell.
From what I read this CX5 is a true Mazda design. One thing with Mazda though: corrosion protection seems to be insufficient. You may want to visit these guys before long:
Krown Rust Control| Rustproofing & Protection for Cars, Trucks, Vans

Old 05-24-2014, 10:42 AM

Hey hugodaniel! I also looked at a forester last year....Liked the car a lot, hated the passenger seat. My husbands head was like in the roof and there wasn't much adjusting you could do since its manual with no height adjustment. The only other Subaru I was going to consider was the Crosstrek, but never actually drove one.

I just read about another Escape recall

congrats on your new ride!!

Old 05-24-2014, 10:46 AM

pipemajor, congrats on your new CX-5! You will love the color!
Just got back this morning from having it tinted....I'll have to post some pics

Old 05-27-2014, 02:54 PM

Congrats on new CX-5. Post up a pic after you get tint done.

Old 05-27-2014, 03:50 PM

Congrats - hope you enjoy it - did you get extended warranty - do any of you get the xtended warranty cuz of all the electronics or is it just a rip off?

I hope to have the red soul CX5 in my garage soon - been trying it last few days and so far so good gotta return in a little while - can't keep forever for free they have been real nice to let me do that after my experience with my CRV that i have to trade in.

Im glad you love it - head restraints bother you???

Old 05-30-2014, 01:43 PM

Skip the extended warranty, it's main purpose is to generate high profits.

Old 05-31-2014, 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by jvbw0527
pipemajor, congrats on your new CX-5! You will love the color!
Just got back this morning from having it tinted....I'll have to post some pics
Yep, get many compliments on this color. Just changed out all the interior lights, license plate lights and fog lights w/LEDs - 5K on the fog lights, 6K everywhere else. Backup lights on backorder and also considering the DRLs.

Attached Thumbnails New member new CX-5-10333298_10203544545881685_6772585188748783575_o.jpg  

Last edited by Pipemajor; 05-31-2014 at 09:15 AM.

Quick Reply: New member new CX-5