Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

Mazda dumps AM radio

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2023, 12:28 PM

Can't recall the last time I saw one of those "For emergency road reports, tune to XYZ AM radio" signs that instead referred to the FM frequency. Perhaps Mazda's expecting people to get their road notifications via the cell phone navigation apps. That, or the radio networks will need to change to FM for those little gems.

Old 05-15-2023, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by GAsierra
Can't recall the last time I saw one of those "For emergency road reports, tune to XYZ AM radio" signs that instead referred to the FM frequency. Perhaps Mazda's expecting people to get their road notifications via the cell phone navigation apps. That, or the radio networks will need to change to FM for those little gems.
Well what some did not look at is importation to other 3rd countries and what they get for a complete package or not with their newer manufactured vehicles? I mean look VW semi recently just closed manufacturing NEW vehicles in Mexico. Standard radio AM/FM rolmao

Old 05-15-2023, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by GAsierra
Travelling back and forth between NC & ME several times a year I can attest that they are still around and on AM at least as recently as last week on the ME turnpike.

"Adjusting tin foil hat" I've also seen it posited as an attempt to silence smaller conservative talk and/or Christian radio stations.

Old 05-16-2023, 06:17 AM

Originally Posted by Tim Turner
Travelling back and forth between NC & ME several times a year I can attest that they are still around and on AM at least as recently as last week on the ME turnpike.

"Adjusting tin foil hat" I've also seen it posited as an attempt to silence smaller conservative talk and/or Christian radio stations.
Yeah, ME still has it in AM.
AM has everything in talk shows from extreme right to extreme left and Amoebas to Zebras.
Most of which/ like blogs, is crap anyway.
Though I must admit one late night drive back from Boston I did listen to a most entertaining AM talk show about the existence or non-existence of ghosts.
Who am I kidding, it was on-air argument between "tin foil hat wearers".