Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Speakers, please advice me

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2023, 01:54 PM
Default Speakers, please advice me

I own a 2013 model and I want to change the Speakers. I have few questions, please
How many speakers are in the car?
Is it 6 1/2 Inch speakers?
Does all 6 1/2 speakers fit in?
Can I do it myself, assuming I have good hands thanx a lot
​​​​​​

Old 05-14-2023, 03:28 PM
Default Check out crutchfield for fitment

Originally Posted by ErezIndie
I own a 2013 model and I want to change the Speakers. I have few questions, please
How many speakers are in the car?
Is it 6 1/2 Inch speakers?
Does all 6 1/2 speakers fit in?
Can I do it myself, assuming I have good hands thanx a lot
​​​​​​
Easy to DYI if you are careful not to damage the panels removing them . A good source for fitment specs is Crutchfield. Make sure you use the same resistance value /sensitivity if you intend to keep the factory amp. Like most things good quality isn't cheap .I like Focal ,but they are a bit pricey . The Polk speakers are good value and sound pretty good for the price. Good luck .www.crutchfield.com

Last edited by THE CHIEF; 05-14-2023 at 03:33 PM.
Old 05-14-2023, 04:38 PM

Welcome to the forum
Focal for the WIN . But they are not for everybody's sound p[referance or budget

Old 05-15-2023, 10:14 AM
Default Thanx for the reply

Originally Posted by THE CHIEF
Easy to DYI if you are careful not to damage the panels removing them . A good source for fitment specs is Crutchfield. Make sure you use the same resistance value /sensitivity if you intend to keep the factory amp. Like most things good quality isn't cheap .I like Focal ,but they are a bit pricey . The Polk speakers are good value and sound pretty good for the price. Good luck .www.crutchfield.com

Do you know the size of the Speakers? Is it 8" or 6.5"?

Old 05-15-2023, 10:59 AM
Default Focal sound

Originally Posted by Callisto
Welcome to the forum
Focal for the WIN . But they are not for everybody's sound p[referance or budget
Everyone has different taste in sound ,but Focal speakers need very good equipment Amp, Preamp, front end source or they will sound overly bright in the treble and a bit loose in the bass . With the right equipment they are great sounding with sparkling highs ,great mids, and tight articulate bass. Overall a very lively up front sound, similarly to B&W speakers. As far as price goes ,Focal speakers are priced very competitively with speakers of the same sound performance and quality.

Old 05-15-2023, 11:08 AM
Default Don't know

Originally Posted by ErezIndie
Do you know the size of the Speakers? Is it 8" or 6.5"?
I don't know the size, but if you take a look at Crutchfield.com they have all the info for DIRECT FIT speakers sizes. Or you could remove the panels and take a look and see the size first hand. Unless your handy and careful ,you may be better off having a pro audio shop do the work .

Old 05-15-2023, 11:14 AM

Everyone has different taste in sound ,but Focal speakers need very good equipment Amp, Preamp, front end source or they will sound overly bright in the treble and a bit loose in the bass . With the right equipment they are great sounding with sparkling highs ,great mids, and tight articulate bass. Overall a very lively up front sound, similarly to B&W speakers. As far as price goes ,Focal speakers are priced very competitively with speakers of the same sound performance and quality.
It really does not work that way. EVERY vehicle is different and there are at least1/2 dozen reason why you can not compare one vehicle to another. It took me almost 6 months of trial and error choosing speakers installing them and not likely them. As well the body was well prepped for sound deadening and or sound proofing. Speaker location can make or break a system no matter what speakers you use. In the end its all a academic because sitting in a garage or shop with the engine off is soi different from cruzing at 65 MPH. In all the audio system I built for myself or customers it was all about compromise and excepting loess then expectation when the system was finished and on the road. Sometime it really is better to buy cheap speaker and blow them up... hahahaha!

My Mazda 3 system
Read from # 14 down
Mazda3 Things I like to do - Page 2 - Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums

A couple pictures from my thread:

2 complete sets of these

where did the other Focal speakers go?....

Last edited by Callisto; 05-15-2023 at 11:17 AM.
Old 05-15-2023, 12:23 PM
Default The OP is just trying to get a better sound in his CX5

It really does not work that way. EVERY vehicle is different and there are at least1/2 dozen reason why you can not compare one vehicle to another. It took me almost 6 months of trial and error choosing speakers installing them and not likely them. As well the body was well prepped for sound deadening and or sound proofing. Speaker location can make or break a system no matter what speakers you use. In the end its all a academic because sitting in a garage or shop with the engine off is soi different from cruzing at 65 MPH. In all the audio system I built for myself or customers it was all about compromise and excepting loess then expectation when the system was finished and on the road. Sometime it really is better to buy cheap speaker and blow them up... hahahaha!

My Mazda 3 system
Read from # 14 down
Mazda3 Things I like to do - Page 2 - Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums

A couple pictures from my thread:

2 complete sets of these

where did the other Focal speakers go?....

The OP is trying to improve his sound ,and not looking to break the bank . Mazda used inexpensive components that were cost effective ,and not necessarily best for sound . The OP is looking for a BANDAID, NOT OPEN HEART SURGERY. He is looking for a solution that gives a bit of improvement in the sound. No doubt that a full blown replacement of all components including the speakers and proper insulation/sound deadening is the best way to get great sound in his CX5 .And the placement of speakers in a 3 is going to be different in a CX5 . The OP wants a light snack, not a full blown 5 course gourmet banquet.

Old 05-15-2023, 12:37 PM

The OP is trying to improve his sound ,and not looking to break the bank . Mazda used inexpensive components that were cost effective ,and not necessarily best for sound . The OP is looking for a BANDAID, NOT OPEN HEART SURGERY. He is looking for a solution that gives a bit of improvement in the sound. No doubt that a full blown replacement of all components including the speakers and proper insulation/sound deadening is the best way to get great sound in his CX5 .And the placement of speakers in a 3 is going to be different in a CX5 . The OP wants a light snack, not a full blown 5 course gourmet banquet.
I did not get what you did from his responses? There was nothing mentioned about music preference or budget so do you have a crystal ball or use the good old ask the 8 ball a question for answers? And you even answered how DIY he is as being able to do the speaker swap out? LOL Maybe better go read this thread from the start.... LOL
No one can really advise about sound systems on a general auto forum like this maybe and that is a big maybe a few of the Auto sound forums but even they are filled with members responses like yours. making it more difficult for someone experence to give perhaps "better" advise. As I indicated and posted about systems. It does not work. The best advise anyone should give that is an audiophile is either replace the stack speakers with exact fit replacement speakers of the same specification in all respects or seek out an audio stereo shop and discuss it with them.
You mention the Focals in this thread first BTW
And as for my sound system it was to support that I do in fact know what Iam talking about ......
Face it the only things do not do well or at all on anything vehicle related is upholstery (although I have tried),custom complete paint jobs(and I have tried this as well) and that about it.... in fact here is the thing... with those 2 exceptions I have owned operated pretty much most other auto related business ...

Old 05-15-2023, 01:04 PM
Default R i f

I did not get what you did from his responses? There was nothing mentioned about music preference or budget so do you have a crystal ball or use the good old ask the 8 ball a question for answers? And you even answered how DIY he is as being able to do the speaker swap out? LOL Maybe better go read this thread from the start.... LOL
No one can really advise about sound systems on a general auto forum like this maybe and that is a big maybe a few of the Auto sound forums but even they are filled with members responses like yours. making it more difficult for someone experence to give perhaps "better" advise. As I indicated and posted about systems. It does not work. The best advise anyone should give that is an audiophile is either replace the stack speakers with exact fit replacement speakers of the same specification in all respects or seek out an audio stereo shop and discuss it with them.
You mention the Focals in this thread first BTW
And as for my sound system it was to support that I do in fact know what Iam talking about ......
Face it the only things do not do well or at all on anything vehicle related is upholstery (although I have tried),custom complete paint jobs(and I have tried this as well) and that about it.... in fact here is the thing... with those 2 exceptions I have owned operated pretty much most other auto related business ...
All

I said was I prefer Focal speakers ,and said they were on the higher price side. I never recommended he buy or use them. From what I read in the OP ,he was looking for a replacement in a size that would fit in his vehicle without any modifications for the 10 year old factory speakers in his CX5. Read the OP again ,it is clear he is just looking to replace the 10 year old speakers without altering or changing anything else . As such ,I believe he can accomplish his modest goal with new better quality speakers . Chances are his 10 year old inexpensive factory speakers are clapped out by now ,and he will would indeed see an improvement it sound by replacing the speakers with new better speakers alone . You could always just ask him what his goals are . IMHO I gave him good advice on how to research and proceed to get what he wants .

for

Quick Reply: Speakers, please advice me