Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

Mazda battery requirements vs. what Mazda sells

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2022, 02:02 PM
Cool

Originally Posted by ctbale
Warming the batteries before attempting a start.... now thats funny.

Warm the batteries..... that made my day!

Sorry honey the car is staying in the garage it's 27°
LOL I understand ... LOL
As an engineer we tend to be exact with everything. Bending the rules of physic's although can sometimes be done is not common place in the automotive or aeronautical field of study.
All though in my quantum physics club forum that statement can cause great debates. LOL

Old 11-03-2022, 06:28 PM

In the last 20 years I haven't got more than two years out of a "stock" battery in any road vehicle.
My CX-5 didn't last one winter, but I did get a new battery "of my choosing" with the dealer paying.
Years of riding motorcycles taught me much about batteries and proper care.
Always get the best one you can and don't worry about the cost, if not, one way or the other, you're going to pay in the end anyway.

Old 11-04-2022, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by Lobstah
In the last 20 years I haven't got more than two years out of a "stock" battery in any road vehicle.
My CX-5 didn't last one winter, but I did get a new battery "of my choosing" with the dealer paying.
Years of riding motorcycles taught me much about batteries and proper care.
Always get the best one you can and don't worry about the cost, if not, one way or the other, you're going to pay in the end anyway.
Yup!
I also disconnect the batteries on the bikes during none use and they are connected to a trickle charging 12 volt solar panel.

Old 07-08-2023, 10:44 AM

lots of good info for sure as battery ISSUES are well discussed on MANY forums. keeping a good charge is important + a simple charger that can be used on many vehicles is just SMART, another cheapo for cars not often used is a quick disconnect that goes on the negative terminal + just unscrewing the **** kills EVERYTHING just like removing the cable. having older classic cars that rarely move in Pa winters i always use one!!