Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Coolant Issue with CX-5?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2023, 06:49 AM
Default Coolant Issue with CX-5?

All, are there many that have had coolant leak issues with their CX-5? My understanding is, this is a common problem and owners are having to pay out of pocket for these repairs.
There is a class action investigation into this issue: https://www.sauderschelkopf.com/inve...investigation/

Let me know your experiences with this vehicle. Thanks in advance.

Old 07-08-2023, 08:20 AM

Nice try, but this certainly appears to be a spam post from the law firm.

Last edited by Lobstah; 07-08-2023 at 10:50 AM.
Old 07-08-2023, 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by FriendlyExplorer
All, are there many that have had coolant leak issues with their CX-5? My understanding is, this is a common problem and owners are having to pay out of pocket for these repairs.
There is a class action investigation into this issue:

Let me know your experiences with this vehicle. Thanks in advance.
Welcome to the forum

LOL a class action investigation??? auh ok ...

Not sure about the intentions you have posting twice for that site to enter vehicle information. And this is not a common issue? I would suggest that if it is an attorney you are trying to get business for that you start looking at researching the number of production vehicles and exact model and trim vs how many are actually having any particle issue. Also you can randomly contact dealership and maybe they might tell you how many they have had with any particular issue. but don't count on that happening. Going to forums to find a statistic is not the best idea with any subject. There are to many people that will join multiple forums and post the same complaint which appears to a reader that there are more having an issue then reality.

This member has joined other Mazda forums and posted the exact responses!

Last edited by Callisto; 07-08-2023 at 08:49 AM.
Old 07-08-2023, 09:17 AM

Huh? I'm here asking for advice. If not welcome, I will take my research back to Facebook.

Old 07-08-2023, 09:42 AM

Huh? I'm here asking for advice. If not welcome, I will take my research back to Facebook.
You entered the same information on at least *1 other Mazda forum in at least to different threads?
Mazda communities are small in general and it does appear that you do not even own a MAZDA and are soliciting? Maybe I am wrong but that's how it reads.

* same post different Mazda forum

I get an occasional call (at the service shop) for what first starts as a appearing to be a customer with a problem and as the conversation goes on it is nothing more than someone that is collecting information about a specific vehicle not owning one but trying to start a class action contest and get the needed number that is required by law. So they the law office does a survey and also to generate interest in other owners to sign on to it .So they provide a http like you did! (so obvious)

If you were just a MAZDA shopper you would not have entered so many informational and just asked specific concerns about a model you are interested in.
I am sure you realize that your posts while they may prove to be innocence on your part some of us having participated for a couple of decades on vehicle forums it reads like other intensions!
Especially when you threaten to go to "FACEBOOK"! Now there is an informational filled with accurate information NOT! lol

Last edited by Callisto; 07-08-2023 at 09:59 AM.
Old 07-08-2023, 10:11 PM

There are certainly TSBs out for the coolant flow sensors which can go bad and cause a check engine light since the coolant doesn't reach operating temperatures fast enough...

Old 07-09-2023, 06:29 AM

If you are going to Facebook for research, you are beyond the help of most anyone here on this website.

Old 07-09-2023, 09:31 AM

You can always read and see the caliper of other like forums (other Mazda based forums) when the members don't recognize a poser that is soliciting to inspire a law suit for a law firm that cannot start without support of rallying the troops that ends in false hopes and more bad information spread on the great WWW and in this case Mazda forums. There are over 10,000 class action suits filed every year in the USA. In most cases involving claims against auto manufactures the lawyers get the largest cut of the settlement. Does the remainder pay for the repair or force the auto manufacture to repair the vehicle for free. Not likely in fact in most cases researching the vehicles go out of the warranty period because they are in continue use during the suit. LOL