Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Liftgate problem and Tire light problem-2016 CX-5

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2021, 05:45 PM
Default Liftgate problem and Tire light problem-2016 CX-5

Bought a 2016 CX-5 with about 31,000 miles on it. I love the way it handles, the nice ground clearance, and how it looks but I've had a couple of problems. Maybe someone else has had them.

1. Liftgate doesn't unlock randomly. Don't use it much, but sometimes the liftgate won't open. I brought it to the Mazda dealer a couple of times. Finally the installed a new part, like actuator ......sorry, I can't find the paperwork. Still intermittenltly doesn't work which is sucky when picking up groceries. The dealer said to bring it in when it isn't working, but by the time I drive the five miles there it is working again.

2. The other day the TPMS beeped and the light came on. Went to the dealer and they said they found one tire was leaking in a bead, so they took it off, fixed it and put it back. Two miles later, it happened again. Next day brought it back and this time they said they hadn't checked the pressure in the other tires, so they did it and said it would be okay. Almost exactly the same spot on the way home, the beeping and light came on again. Since then (it's Sunday so they are closed) it beeps once when I start it and the light comes on, but this afternoon when I started it, it beeped four or five times. I wonder how insistent it gets and if it will beep constantly at some point until I get it resolved. This is the first car I have that has this...never seemed to need it in the 50 years I have been driving. I only go about 10 miles in one day, no highway and once in a while go 20 miles on the highway to doctors.
I hope if the system is faulty, it doesn' t cost too much.

Thanks!