Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

Infotainment system

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2019, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by Tompo
The biggest problem I have with the radio/entertainment system is the dreadful amount of time it takes to load, after you start the car.
Th cx5 is a great vehicle. the entertainment system is the only flaw, imo.
Mazda really needs to address this.
I agree with the concern about loading the infotainment system. My frustration WAS that you couldn't enter an address in the GPS while driving and yet you couldn't enter it before you start driving since it takes too long to get the system set-up. I live in a small town without a traffic light. I am on the highway before I have to stop.

I solved the problem by disabling the speed limiter on the touchscreen. I can now enter addresses (and do everything else) after I get on the road. Don't tell anyone I did this.

Old 06-18-2019, 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by mazdaCPA
I agree with the concern about loading the infotainment system. My frustration WAS that you couldn't enter an address in the GPS while driving and yet you couldn't enter it before you start driving since it takes too long to get the system set-up. I live in a small town without a traffic light. I am on the highway before I have to stop.

I solved the problem by disabling the speed limiter on the touchscreen. I can now enter addresses (and do everything else) after I get on the road. Don't tell anyone I did this.
Can't you enter the address while driving using voice commands? That works on my 2014, though it is a bit strained compared to my Grand Cherokee's system.

Old 06-18-2019, 01:14 PM

You are correct. I have the same system in my 2015. Entering an address was possible, but difficult using voice commands. I think the bigger barrier was entering a location by name.

Old 06-18-2019, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by mazdaCPA

You'll have to tell me how you did that!! I'd love to be able to enter addresses like that.

Old 06-20-2019, 12:33 PM

How do you do that? Cannot find any documentation about that.
JBPK

Old 06-20-2019, 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by jbpk
How do you do that? Cannot find any documentation about that.
JBPK
There is advanced programming available in the Mazda infotainment system that I found on YouTube. It worked on my 2015 Mazda 3 but it doesn't seem to work on other years and possibly other models. I suspect it's easy to accomplish on any recent Mazda but the trick is finding the right sequence of buttons to make it happen.