Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

How Many More Years for the Current CX-5?

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2023, 05:55 PM

The CX-5 aint broke ..so why fix it ? Mazda has the funds to keep pumping out trial models while still cranking out the bread and butter CX-5 - Back in 2013(2012) when Skactive launched and the very popular Mazda 3 hatchback was redesigned ,,,its sales tanked because it was ugly , but survives because its a good car . I think Mazda sold its soul after 2013 when they started designing every car to look the same , grill etc and badged them like bmws.... - A far cry from all models looking completely different and as if they were hand made in many cases - they reflected the designers free reign to do what they loved ,,,not to "fit in " to a LINE of similar looking brothers and sisters ....--now ...and for years that has made Mazda a bmw, lexus-esque brand with a whole new demographic of buyers driving the entire companys identity....and I dont mean auto purists --- a FAR cry from the days preceeding the model year 2013 ---still I love my CX-5 ( and Miata and 2010 -3 ) but this CX-50=90 stuff ...its looking like what happened to Subaru --hope Im wrong --but if the CX-5 goes ..sad indeed

Old 09-02-2023, 12:49 AM

Originally Posted by Subperson
My friend lives near Buffalo,NY - while they have very nice summers, the winters can be cold in Jan\Feb- His Tesla loses quite a bit of range with the heater, seats and such going. Not such a great choice for many cold weather states at this point. His wife refuses to drive it and has a nice Chevy Tahoe- no problems with this one.
Funny GM / Tesla - both owned ( majority ) by Chinese cimpanies aka China -GM:
Bought By: Shanghai Automotive Industry Corp
Headquarters: Shanghai, China

TESLA /
Tencent Holdings
Shenzen, China

Old 09-02-2023, 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by retread888
Funny GM / Tesla - both owned ( majority ) by Chinese cimpanies aka China -GM:
Bought By: Shanghai Automotive Industry Corp
Headquarters: Shanghai, China

TESLA /
Tencent Holdings
Shenzen, China
Your information is very deceiving, intentional or not I can only guess.
Telsa majority is owned by Elon Musk @ 176 million shares / Tencent owns 8.2 million shares.

As for GM, China bought the GM plant in India, and they signed a deal in 2020 with GM to manufacturer GM cars for sale in China.
The Majority of GM stock ownership is held by Mary Barra (CEO), Mark Reuss (President), and John Stapleton (CFO) all US citizens.

Old 09-02-2023, 09:14 PM

I learned long ago that if a had a crystal ball, it had a good number of cracks, breaks and assorted fractures. I have one Mazda CX-5, seven weeks old, so hopefully for ten years or so I will not be looking for a new automobile. By then who knows what will be out there, and I for one will enjoy the automobile I have and take good care of it.

Old 09-02-2023, 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by erscolo
I learned long ago that if a had a crystal ball, it had a good number of cracks, breaks and assorted fractures. I have one Mazda CX-5, seven weeks old, so hopefully for ten years or so I will not be looking for a new automobile. By then who knows what will be out there, and I for one will enjoy the automobile I have and take good care of it.
Great post - thank you -!!

as A Einstein said/wrote -( for the nit pickers ) ..."any fool can make things more complicated , it takes a touch of genius to go the other direction ( simplicity )"

Old 09-03-2023, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by Lobstah
Your information is very deceiving, intentional or not I can only guess.
Telsa majority is owned by Elon Musk @ 176 million shares / Tencent owns 8.2 million shares.

As for GM, China bought the GM plant in India, and they signed a deal in 2020 with GM to manufacturer GM cars for sale in China.
The Majority of GM stock ownership is held by Mary Barra (CEO), Mark Reuss (President), and John Stapleton (CFO) all US citizens.
Have you noticed our new buddy on this forum is digging up old threads and posting on them? Very little forum etiquette! I read what was written by him and can find any less then questionable information when I saw the sources? Maybe we should ask the source of his information and see who wrote it?

[QUOTE=erscolo;219261]I learned long ago that if a had a crystal ball, it had a good number of cracks, breaks and assorted fractures. I have one Mazda CX-5, seven weeks old, so hopefully for ten years or so I will not be looking for a new automobile. By then who knows what will be out there, and I for one will enjoy the automobile I have and take good care of it.[/QUOTE]

For any platform and model that is the key!