Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Has anyone installed one of those hoot strut kits on a 2021?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2021, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by Dennis Wendt
I keep forgetting about the KNOW ALL END ALL source of information: www.Callisto.com
Actually Dennis Callisto (a JOVIAN) was my Childhood favorite character to use with my complete Major Matt Mayson set s and action figures.
While we all find the term KNOW-ALL or other similar names you call some members , most of us or anyone seeking individual information from any member can easily go through all their contributions on this forum. I do however understand that some members that actually know empirical and experienced based information which at time can be threatening to you!

BACK On topic: I have order hardware only form various sources for my own HOOD Strut conversion kit and will be ordering quality struts from one of the 2 sources I named earlier in this thread depending on what my hood weighs in at with all the addition to it which may add an addition 10lbs or more?

Last edited by Callisto; 03-29-2021 at 12:52 PM.
Old 03-29-2021, 01:49 PM

No you don't understand.
"members that actually know empirical and experienced based information which at time can be threatening to you! "
Totally not the case.
I have no problem what so ever with fact based information. I occasionally have a problem with 'know it all' types that
THINK they have all the answers and the right answers.
Where one gets their strut kits from isn't 'empirical' knowledge. I am of the opinion that they are all made by the same
company and sold be the various vendors. Perhaps even Amazon.
When and if mine eventually fail, I'll take one down to the local Advance Auto Parts store and get a replacement.

My 2¢

Old 07-09-2022, 05:15 AM
Default Avoid MIKSTORE!!

Originally Posted by GregP74
Yeah I don't trust those ones from the Chinese kit. That's why I was checking out the ones from lift support depot and thinking about getting a set from there and not even bothering with the others.
I purchased a set from Mikstore in January and they started to fail 6 months later. Tried to resolve with PayPal, but they needed them returned to the Philippines to get full refund! At half the price I paid for them for shipping is not worth the trouble. Be warned!

Old 07-10-2022, 04:49 AM

Originally Posted by schmieg
I have had a set on my 2013 MX5 for about six years now. I was so pleased with it that I bought a set for my 2014 CX5. The only issue was that they sent the wrong set. I contacted the vendor and told him I would return the one he sent for the correct one. He just sent the correct one, so I have two extra struts now, though no extra mounting brackets. Figured I would keep them as backups in case a strut failed, but they have been working flawlessly.
You are lucky that they didn't ask you to send the wrong one back! I had a problem with a set I bought for $64 after six months from MIKSTORE, as they required I ship the faulty ones back to the Philippines on my dime!

Old 07-10-2022, 07:40 AM

Looking back at this thread made me realize I haven't even checked under the hood since I got my oil changed back in March or April. (That's the problem when you drive as little as I have been! Car's 16 months old with 3300 miles!)