Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got Another One

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2019, 08:50 PM
Default Got Another One

Even after reading every thread in the "Soul Red Paint" thread I still decided to trade my 2016 GT for a 2017 GT with Premium Package in that color. Completed the deal about four hours ago. Corporate driver with only 7,200 miles on it. Still has some of that new car smell. Drove 100 miles to see the car and go through the negotiations. Enjoyed the hell out of the drive home, even if traffic from San Diego up to North Orange County made it a two hour drive. Love the radar cruise control. Tested it all the way home and it worked like a charm. It's like a new toy on Christmas morning. I'm retiring effective May 1 so this will be our last car purchase (wish I had a buck for every time I've said that). I intend to check into having a clear bra put on it to protect that beautiful paint job while my wife and I are on the road. Any tips on who makes the best one? I know next to nothing about the technology. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Old 02-27-2019, 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by mdmiller50
Even after reading every thread in the "Soul Red Paint" thread I still decided to trade my 2016 GT for a 2017 GT with Premium Package in that color. Completed the deal about four hours ago. Corporate driver with only 7,200 miles on it. Still has some of that new car smell. Drove 100 miles to see the car and go through the negotiations. Enjoyed the hell out of the drive home, even if traffic from San Diego up to North Orange County made it a two hour drive. Love the radar cruise control. Tested it all the way home and it worked like a charm. It's like a new toy on Christmas morning. I'm retiring effective May 1 so this will be our last car purchase (wish I had a buck for every time I've said that). I intend to check into having a clear bra put on it to protect that beautiful paint job while my wife and I are on the road. Any tips on who makes the best one? I know next to nothing about the technology. Thanks in advance for any advice.
Most of the MX5 guys I know recommend the 3M material for the clear bra. I've had that on my 2013 MX5 since I bought it in 2014 and it's held up well.

Old 02-27-2019, 09:47 PM

Thanks. I appreciate your help!