Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

Gas pedal sticky when cold or park for a few days - CX-5 2013

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2022, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by tcp71
There is no physical connection from the throttle body to the throttle pedal. I would suspect some type of spill or interference with the pedal. forget the engine. electrical signals can't "grab" your throttle pedal and make it stick. It's a double Hall-Effect sensor under the plastic pedal that tells the computer what you want the throttle body to do. There is no mechanical feedback loop for you to "feel" the throttle body's action.
The peddle assembly used inside is designed to be protected from normal debris. Water can damage the electrical component assemble inside but that is very rare. And most cases I have ever encountered was from a flood interior. Also, if it were the peddle assemble a DTC would have been generated and you would have seen a check engine light alerting you to check the OBDII Diagnostic connector and retrieve the code(s).
Adding the use of professional diagnostic scan tool you can see the registration action of the peddle and how it is affecting the Throttle Body % of opening and response to your foot attenuating.
The throtle % action for me is vital to some of the ECU/EFI Performance calibrating I frequently adjust for changing condition and driving habits.