Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Front Radar Sensor Warning Message

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2022, 03:04 PM
Default Front Radar Sensor Warning Message

I was out on the highway for a couple hours today in some lousy weather. Rain turning to snow and back to rain. Both on the way there and back I kept getting warnings about the front radar sensor being blocked.

I haven't seen that message before but thinking back, I maybe I didn't do any highway trips during bad weather last year. I stopped once along the way and wiped off the Mazda emblem on the front and that fixed it for a little while. Is this a common problem on the CX5? Anything I can do to prevent it from happening if I'm out and it's snowing? Put some RainX on there maybe?

Old 11-17-2022, 07:24 AM
Default Clearing front radar sensor warning

I have had that happen with both bugs and ice on the Mazda emblem. It doesn’t happen often so I just stop and clear it off.

Old 11-17-2022, 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by OKE02476
I have had that happen with both bugs and ice on the Mazda emblem. It doesn’t happen often so I just stop and clear it off.
Thanks. I started getting worried "is this going to happen every time I go out in bad weather?"

Old 11-17-2022, 08:04 AM

Same here with mud/snow/ ice, etc.
Clean it off and it's fine, the amount of cleaning obviously dependent on how much there is.
Even frost in the morning can cause the issue, but that goes away once the temp warms.

Old 11-17-2022, 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by Lobstah
Same here with mud/snow/ ice, etc.
Clean it off and it's fine, the amount of cleaning obviously dependent on how much there is.
Even frost in the morning can cause the issue, but that goes away once the temp warms.
I'll have to see how it goes. It was like 33 degrees yesterday and a light mix back and forth of rain and snow. About 20 minutes into my drive I got the warning the first time and my cruise control stopped. I went on a bit until I could pull off and wipe off the sensor. It worked again for a little while and then must have got covered up again. When I got to my destination I looked again and there was a little bit of slush on there but nothing major. Hopefully this isn't something that's going to happen a lot. Not having cruise control would kinda suck.