Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

2017 Mazda 3 - Forward Collision and Lane Departure Warning Lights

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2017, 12:29 PM
Default 2017 Mazda 3 - Forward Collision and Lane Departure Warning Lights

Has anybody else been having problems with the forward collision and lane departure warning lights coming on randomly? On multiple occasions both will come on in my car when there are no cars around and I'm not drifting over any lanes. There are no audible alerts, just the lights.

The first couple of times it happened, the lights stayed on for a good 30+ miles and stopping/starting the car didn't reset them. It only got reset after leaving the car off for an extended period of time. I brought it into Mazda and they couldn't duplicate the problem/figure out the issue so they just reloaded my software.

The past few days, the sensors have been coming on again, but this time it'll stay on for usually about 30-45 seconds then turn off. Sometimes they come on for 2-3 minutes.

It seems like the sensors come on most often when there an increase/decrease in altitude.

Old 04-29-2017, 06:41 AM
Super Moderator

Book it in with Mazda. It will be covered by your new car warranty.

There is a known issue with LDWS, which is fixed by replacing the "Forward Sensing Camera"

Old 09-21-2017, 09:19 AM

My 2017 Mazda 3 has been doing the same thing it is 2 months old, took it in today and they are telling me it's from bugs hitting the spot on the windshield. That must be one heck of a bug I don't by it at all. This is twice I have had it in for random lights coming on in the dash not impressed. First Mazda will probably be my last.

Old 10-17-2017, 10:31 AM
Angry

Hi There
I have a Mazda 3-Gt- tech package 2017 with 2 month old almost with the same problem, Forward collision sensor every morning or in heavy rain it is turning on and stay on for 4-15 km even I stopped & shot down the car but it did not go away so I went four time to dealers even I recorded a clip from problem but they are not able to diagnose the problem.
I believe the sealing around the sensor/cable connection is not good so by condensation or heavy rain due to water getting there, it is the cause of short circuit on sensor & I am afraid to be cause of accident due to may be it can activate smart breaking so I am so worry,any advise is appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Shon

Old 11-15-2017, 10:33 AM
Question Forward Collision and Lane Departure Warning Lights Issue

I, too, am in the same boat as the rest of you. Purchased my '17 Mazda 3 Grand Touring Hatchback in April of this year.... Not only have I encountered the same issue with the Forward Collision and Lane Departure Warning Lights going amber multiple times for many miles and long periods of time for no good reason, but I've also noted that the auto high-beam headlight function triggers on at the same time, each time this happens. Have taken the car into the dealer, and they recalibrated my Forward Sensing Camera in an effort to fix it. Worked fine for about three weeks before it started up again. As others have suggested, I've read where replacing the camera is the next thing on the list of possible resolutions to the problem. Have any of you here taken that step to get it resolved, and found after doing so that it really did fix the problem?

Old 12-27-2017, 10:20 AM

I have a Mazda 3 Sport and am having issues with the safety features as well. Blind spot monitor goes on even if the other car is 5 car lengths behind me, or it doesn't pick up a car actually in my blind spot. Automatic headlights have gone on when there's not a cloud in the sky. They won't go one under a very dark, long over pass. Windshield wipers have gone on randomly, again, not a cloud in the sky. Or they will go really fast when it's barely raining, or I have to wait in a down pour for them to come on. The latest was the air back warning light alerting me to someone sitting in the passenger seat. I only had my cell phone and wallet on the seat. In the beginning I had issues with the entertainment system, but they updated the software and that seems to be fine... sort of.
All issues are random, and inconsistent.
I picked up the car the end of March. It's been back to Mazda 3 times already. They keep saying there's nothing wrong with it. It's going back to Mazda in a few weeks.
(I don't have the collision or lane departure option)

Old 01-08-2018, 02:54 AM

Had a similar thing happen to me this morning, Lane & collision warning lights on, passenger seat belt warning coming on due to my bag being on the seat (despite it sitting there every journey without complaint). Happened half a dozen times since I got the car in July,

Usually happens during cold/wet weather, any chance it's just condensation in the FSC?

Last edited by theirongiant74; 01-08-2018 at 02:56 AM.
Old 05-08-2018, 12:49 PM
Angry forward collision failure

i have a 2017 Mazda 3 GT 6 speed and my FCS and LPW lights have been coming on since the day i bought the car in june of 2017, i have had it in the service department for just about its whole life. sadly i have also been in a loaner car longer then my own, as of a few months ago my lights will come of but i get the beeping noise as if i went over the line and mine is set to vibrate, i also get a chime to place hands on steering wheel and then my car stalls out, while going 80 MPH, once i pull over and restart the car the lights go away and there was one time it would not restart. this car has been in the stop over 9 times for this issue. i have now had to file a Lemon Lawsuit on the car because its now putting my life in danger, I strongly suggest if anyone else is having this issue to do the same. Mazda had told me there were bugs on my camera and i have the car washed every three days to tell them thats not the issue, and now they dont know what to tell me. On 05/05/2018 i was driving on I40 and those systems did not light up on my dash but a cruise control was set to 70, and i had it in 6th gear, a car pulled in front of me and it just got closer and closer i frantically reached for the brakes and i was about 7ft from the car in front of me when i slammed on the brakes, pulled over and turned the car off and the system worked just fine. and Mazda had no idea what caused this issue, telling me i made it up.

Old 01-25-2020, 07:44 AM
Default 2016 Mazda 3 GT

I have a 2016 Mazda 3 GT with tech package. I have been having issues with the forwardcollisioncamera. Since January 18 2018 I've had it in 12 times with them just clearing codes and never addressing the ( root cause ) now that I'm out of warranty they now want me to start paying for this and a new camera plus new programming. Has anybody else been experiencing this and any help on how I can get my car fixed without it costing me!!