Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dropped Phone Calls

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2023, 09:53 AM
Default Dropped Phone Calls

When I make a call, the dialing and ringing noises are all as expected. Whenever my party answers the call we are immediately cut off. The same happens when the person recognizes my number and tries to call back. I have an Android phone, specifically a Samsung Galaxy 21 plus, Verizon is my carrier. Any ideas? I did a forum search and did not find any posts that fit with my problem. Thanks for any help. Oops! 2022 Mazda CX-5 Signature.

Old 08-09-2023, 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by Chris!
When I make a call, the dialing and ringing noises are all as expected. Whenever my party answers the call we are immediately cut off. The same happens when the person recognizes my number and tries to call back. I have an Android phone, specifically a Samsung Galaxy 21 plus, Verizon is my carrier. Any ideas? I did a forum search and did not find any posts that fit with my problem. Thanks for any help. Oops! 2022 Mazda CX-5 Signature.
Chris, these problems are usually in the cell phone setup. You might try unpairing the phone and re-pairing it to see if that helps, but I imagine you will have to play with the bluetooth settings on the phone to resolve it. I'm not familiar with the Samsung, so I can't give you any suggestions. My Motorola G Power works as it's supposed to, but I also have an older vehicle.

Old 08-09-2023, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by schmieg
Chris, these problems are usually in the cell phone setup. You might try unpairing the phone and re-pairing it to see if that helps, but I imagine you will have to play with the bluetooth settings on the phone to resolve it. I'm not familiar with the Samsung, so I can't give you any suggestions. My Motorola G Power works as it's supposed to, but I also have an older vehicle.
I thought about unpairing and re-pairing it. The problem just started in the last couple of days, so I'll give that a try. Thanks!

Old 08-11-2023, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by schmieg
I followed your suggestion and so far so good. Thanks!

Old 08-11-2023, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by Chris!
I followed your suggestion and so far so good. Thanks!
Glad to hear that. Hope the fix is permanent.