Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

Dead battery after 1K

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2020, 05:03 PM

I have to be careful with how I respond to you , I would hate "someone" to complain about my responses again.... LOL

Did you completely read what you posted?? LOL You may just forgot so I will post it for you and others. LOL

First the MAY you seem to have missed... LOL
Concern Outline: On certain subject vehicles, the PLG Control Unit may not switch to the power saving mode even after pressing the push button start and setting the ignition to the off position, due to improper control logic of the PLG Control Unit. In this condition, if the vehicle is left unused for a certain amount of time, the battery may

This portion is for service shops:

If you encounter a customer owned VIN in the range above that needs repair, please contact Dealer Recall Help and we will add the VIN to the SSPC2 campaign so a claim can be submitted. Additional VINS will be added once enough supporting stock is

And lets read the fine print in the boxed area that reads:

CONSUMER NOTICE:The information and instructions in this bulletin are intended for use by skilled technicians. Mazda technicians utilize the proper tools/ equipment and take training to correctly and safely maintain Mazda vehicles. These instructions should not be performed by “do-it-yourselfers.” Customers should not assume this bulletin applies to their vehicle or that their vehicle will develop the described concern. To determine if the information applies, customers should contact their nearest authorized Mazda dealership. Mazda North American Operations reserves the right to alter the specifications and contents of this bulletin without obligation or advance notice. All rights reserved. No part of this bulletin may be reproduced in any form or by any means, electronic or writing.

Dude in the end I did say or did you miss that as well that your follow up on information was good. Its just your delivery about it and how you started your response was asking for attention!

Last edited by Callisto; 09-30-2020 at 05:06 PM.
Old 09-30-2020, 05:11 PM

BTW I have notified a moderator NOT to complain about any member but rather to follow up and read the newest responses just to keep things on the up and up and on topic or information provided to some degree be empirical!

Old 09-30-2020, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by Callisto
BTW I have notified a moderator NOT to complain about any member but rather to follow up and read the newest responses just to keep things on the up and up and on topic or information provided to some degree be empirical!
Ok, here's what I'm going to do to help out with that. This will be my last activity with you on ANY thread, and if you reply to any post I make to others, I'll simply not participate. Although this will leave you with one less member to verbally jerk around, I'm sure you can find more than enough other targets to keep you happy. So, given that this will be the last time we'll be speaking together like this, I'll just say have a wonderful rest of your life.

Old 09-30-2020, 08:11 PM

Thanks for this. I did check MGSS and there is nothing listed for my 2020 CX-5, neither recall nor SSP. So I'll pester the dealer at next service.

Old 09-30-2020, 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by DesertRatR
Thanks for this. I did check MGSS and there is nothing listed for my 2020 CX-5, neither recall nor SSP. So I'll pester the dealer at next service.
Ya I figured as much. Look you can PM me anytime with a question. While I may not have the answer I have more then enough availability given this is what I do for a living to find some source of direction to solve a problem then having to weed through DIY on forums. Cheers!

Old 10-01-2020, 10:18 AM

I had one like that one time...wives I mean

Old 10-02-2020, 12:08 PM

I received in the mail this morning a Special Service Program (SSP) C2 - 2020 CX-5 and 2020 CX-9 - Power LiftGate (PLG) Control Unit Concern notice.

It states the reason for the notice, which is a faulty PLG Control Unit on "certain subject vehicles." It
also states that "Your Mazda dealer will replace the PLG Control Unit with an updated part."

They encourage the customer to make an appointment with an authorized Mazda dealer to get the unit replaced as soon as possible.

Last edited by macneillds; 10-02-2020 at 12:21 PM.
Old 10-02-2020, 12:20 PM

Interesting first response as a new member on a forum?

Welcome to the forum

Curious had you experienced any battery drain prior to you finding this forum and thread on your MAZDA? If so it would be nice to know and to report after a month of receiving the replacement part if your issue went away? I would suspect the original author of this thread might find that information useful?

Old 10-02-2020, 12:37 PM

Thanks for the welcome.

No, I have had no problems at all with the car since I bought it this past April. I check in on the forum every week or so just to see the latest threads, and I had not seen this one until today. Because I got the SSP in the mail this morning, I thought it might be helpful if I posted about it.

Old 10-02-2020, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by macneillds
Thanks for the welcome.

No, I have had no problems at all with the car since I bought it this past April. I check in on the forum every week or so just to see the latest threads, and I had not seen this one until today. Because I got the SSP in the mail this morning, I thought it might be helpful if I posted about it.
There is actually many of these type of manufacture notice's that go out all the time. I have one that I received on my 2018 MAZDA 3 about the BCM in which stated the wipers "MAY" fail? LOL maaaay!
So after over 2 years and 28,000 miles later the BCM "MAY" fail? hahahaha!

I already purchased a new BCM when the notice first came out and was going to change it and then MAZDA dug their heals in and said even though I am a current certified ASE MASTER Technician and licensed in the state of CA for emission test certification I personally could not sign off on replacing the BCM which takes about 3 minutes to do. LOL
The funny thing is that I talked to the service manager and the "employee" that will be changing it likely will not even be a trained MAZDA Technician because of the simplicity of changing it. LOL

Quick Reply: Dead battery after 1K