Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

CX 5 Touring Vibration

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2018, 02:42 AM

Hi Lails,
I there an update to your situation?
I have a Mazda CX 9 2018 with exactly same issue.
Thanks,
Adil

Old 11-07-2018, 03:00 AM

Hi Adil,

After escalating the issue to the MD of Galadari (who run Mazda in the UAE) and taking him in the car they still claim that they can't feel any issues. They have run tests and say that all is normal. There is not much more I can do. The pulling to the right is not so bad now but it still vibrates when it reaches around 100kmh. To be honest, I have given up with them as they refuse to admit there is an issue. The next step would be to take it to Mazda directly but I don;t know if I have the energy to keep fighting them.

Old 11-07-2018, 03:23 AM

Thanks for the reply..
I am going through the exact same scenarios you faced.

Just one more question - have you changed the tyres and tried?
Any luck?

Old 11-07-2018, 03:54 AM

They swapped the front tyres with the back ones on one occasion but it didn't make a difference. I haven't had 4 new tyres put on though. Did you also get your car in the UAE? It would be interesting to know if anyone else has had the issue here as they claim that they have never had anyone report this before

Old 11-07-2018, 04:25 AM

I am reading online - a lot of people are suggesting to get the tyres changed.

For me - Timeline as follows -
1st Visit - They did balancing and disk brake grinding
2nd Visit - They did road force balancing
3rd Visit - They did road force balancing again (from the tyre manufacturer - Bridgestone)
4th Visit - They had a similar CX 9 in for service and did multiple highway test drives.
- They put the other car tyres on my car and let me drive it (Same problem - little bit reduced)
- They put my tyres on the other car and we did a test drive (Little issue present at 100+ speeds)

Now they have called me again next week because the problem is still there.

Old 11-07-2018, 05:26 AM

I have seen situations where the brake rotors being warped and or a bad wheel bearing can create this problem.

When it comes to vibration problems the first step should always be a GOOD road force balance. Also I always look at how many wheel weights they installed to fix the problem.

Being under warranty you need to give the dealer a chance to resolve the issue. However, when it comes to a severe vibration problem, it might benefit in a visit to a QUALIFIED shop to have it checked.

I found a local shop to fix a vibration problem on a 8 year old corvette. It was a bad wheel bearing.

Good luck and keep posting results for we can all benefit.

Regards,

Be careful in using some of the big name tire outlets for any work. I have had several problems in past.

Jim

Old 11-22-2018, 07:43 AM

Hey Melanie, I just bought a brand new CX-5 and it too had a vibration - turns out the rear shocks were leaking and defective. Took one hour to replace and voila! Vibration gone! The dealer's explanation for this brand new 2018 model failing shocks was that it was probably due to the long shipping to my country and standing in the heat in the shipping yards. Not so sure I believe that, but if you have a 2nd gen CX5, it's probably your shocks.

Old 11-22-2018, 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by hiltoncam
Hey Melanie, I just bought a brand new CX-5 and it too had a vibration - turns out the rear shocks were leaking and defective. Took one hour to replace and voila! Vibration gone! The dealer's explanation for this brand new 2018 model failing shocks was that it was probably due to the long shipping to my country and standing in the heat in the shipping yards. Not so sure I believe that, but if you have a 2nd gen CX5, it's probably your shocks.
If it were tied down too tightly for too long, that would compress the shocks and subject them to increased pressure for an extended period.

Old 11-08-2019, 07:31 PM

I bought a 2019 Mazda 3 Grand Touring, with AWD, last month. It had the same vibration described here, between 60-70 mph, and it would come in and go out. The dealer balanced the wheels and the vibration was still there. The service chief rode with me and verified the problem. He decided to swap the wheels out with another 3, but when he went to get the car, it had the exact same vibration issue. They pulled my wheels and ran a much more careful check and found that 3 of the 4 Toyo tires were slightly out of round. I was in their shop today and saw for myself how the tires were out of spec. Since the car has less than 1K miles on it, they're working with Mazda corporate on replacing the tires. We'll see how that goes.

Old 11-09-2019, 06:06 AM

Tnks for the post. I have a 17 CX5 GT AWD with Toyo 19 inch tires. They seem to be wearing okay with 16K miles.

I do notice some road noise and hope it does not get any worse.

Reminder to continue rotation on a scheduled basis and check air pressure at least once a month. I notice that I loose approx. 4-5 lbs over this time frame..

Good luck .
JB

Quick Reply: CX 5 Touring Vibration