Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

CX 5 Touring Vibration

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2018, 10:12 AM

Quick update: Mazda dealer is swapping out the damaged rims for brand new ones. Turns out they don't do the road force balancing in house at this dealer. Chances are the damage occurred at the place that did the road force balancing.

At least they're trying to make it right. I have a brand new loaner vehicle with 12 miles on it while they swap my rims. This one has a bit of feedback .starting to think that's just how the car is.

Old 02-24-2018, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by kgatto
Quick update: Mazda dealer is swapping out the damaged rims for brand new ones. Turns out they don't do the road force balancing in house at this dealer. Chances are the damage occurred at the place that did the road force balancing.

At least they're trying to make it right. I have a brand new loaner vehicle with 12 miles on it while they swap my rims. This one has a bit of feedback .starting to think that's just how the car is.
Great. I am glad they admitted this and doing the fix right away. Would have been hard to get this fixed later since then the dealer could claim that you did the damage. Keep us updated once you get the new wheels installed.

Old 02-25-2018, 04:04 PM

I am having the same problem with my tires and it has been road force balanced 3 times so far without a fix. The road force balance show both tires are are in the yellow zone with 22 and 21 rated. The tire is in the red if the number gets to 24. The local area rep for Mazda knows there is an issue but so far had not come up with a fix. I have the TOYO tires and wonder what others have on their cars. Tires are the problem it seems the TOYO tires they put on the Touring cars are cheap and not what you would find on a BMW and other upscale cars the compete with.

Old 02-25-2018, 05:18 PM

Toyo comes standard even on the grand touring. They're putting Yokohama tires on mine.

Old 02-26-2018, 06:30 PM

GLad they are getting your problem taken care of hopefully mine will be soon. Have you noticed your drivers seat material coming loose. MIne started the first week I owed the car.

Old 02-26-2018, 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by Melanie Brooke
Hi! I’ve had my gorgeous 2017 Touring for about 4 months now. I love it to bits except when I’m doing around 105 - 120km/h there is a vibration all through the car. The steering wheel is not shaking as such, it’s just a feeling throughout the car. The research I’ve done shows the same issue for older models but not much with the 2017 model. Is anyone else experiencing this problem? Mazda here are refusing to road test my car because the limit here is 100km/h so each time I’ve taken it back they just give me a wheel balance and send me on my way.
Same Initial Problem !

I bought a new 2017 CX-5 and unfortunately didn't drive the one I was going to buy just simply test drove any CX5 they had license plates on !
When driving my new car home got up to 55mph the vibration started ! Told it to the dealer and after 5 trips and not giving up because they claimed
at first nothing is wrong ! For full details look at my post !

Bottom line my front tire were "Out of Round" egg shaped from sitting to long on the lot without moving waiting for a buyer !!

They replaced the tires and the vibration is gone !!! Try moving your front tire to the back, see what happens !

Good Luck

Old 04-02-2018, 04:59 AM

An update on my CX-5 is that I have been back to Mazda 6 times and each time they have returned the vehicle to me claiming the problem is solved and it is exactly the same as before (last time I got it back I noticed that there was an additional 150km on the clock and they were still saying there was nothing wrong!). I requested to drive another CX-5 and it had the same issue as mine in terms of pulling to the right but it did not vibrate, however it had the 19" wheels rather than the 17" the same as mine. I think that there may be a manufacturing issue with them as I can't believe it should be pulling to the right this much. Has anyone else had this issue?
I am now so fed up with it I just want to return the car and get something else, the Mazda customer service in Dubai has been appalling!

Old 04-02-2018, 08:09 AM

I initially had this problem and my front tires were out or round and once they replaced them my problem is gone. Car drives straight and smooth !!

If your dealer can't or won't resolve the problem take your car to someone who specializes in tire and wheel installation such as Firestone or Goodyear, they do this for a living !

If your car is pulling check your tire pressure make sure they are all set properly if they are good it's an alignment problem ! When driving on a straight road is the center of your steering wheel level or off center ? Should be level obviously !

If you have a vibration its either a wheel balance problem, out of round tire (egg shaped), try moving the front tires to the back, or bent rim !

Just my opinion from years of dealing with cars - good luck

Last edited by gbwiii; 04-02-2018 at 08:22 AM.
Old 04-03-2018, 09:47 PM

Hello friends. I just purchased a new 2017 cx 5 touring with 17” wheels. I test drove 3 with the 19” wheels because I love the look and wanted the full touring GT package. But all three drove terribly. Talked to my personal mechanic and he advised again 19” wheels ..... my 17” GS touring rides like a dream. Totally Amazing. Love it and all the changes !

Old 04-07-2018, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by Dr Music
Hello friends. I just purchased a new 2017 cx 5 touring with 17” wheels. I test drove 3 with the 19” wheels because I love the look and wanted the full touring GT package. But all three drove terribly. Talked to my personal mechanic and he advised again 19” wheels ..... my 17” GS touring rides like a dream. Totally Amazing. Love it and all the changes !
We have the 19" wheels and no problems at all. Road conditions here in NC are fairly good and we do not get that much snow. Otherwise, I would have gone with the 17" most probably.

Quick Reply: CX 5 Touring Vibration