Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

Cross Climate2 Michelin all season tires

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2022, 09:45 PM
Default Cross Climate2 Michelin all season tires

I dunno about the rest of you CX-5 owners but even though I live in the Las Vegas valley I often drive in mountain snow to ski or hunt and I need snow-capable all season tires. Some of you may live in Dreary Erie, PA ,or Lake Woebegone, Minnesota and have a crying need for them as well. jus' sayin'...
THEREFORE... I've decided that when Michelin comes out with their most excellent Cross Climate 2 tires in 245/50/19 I will slap a set on my SUV. They should make that size happen this summer (sez Discount Tire and The Tire Rack).

This tire gets an excellent "moderate snow" rating, "moderate" meaning about 6" or less as I have divined from YouTube reports. Plus that tread pattern just looks so manly and masculine compared to run-of-the-mill all season tread patterns that I'm sure they will be chick magnets - well, at least for the women I meet at the local laundromat.
**Another chick magnet is Weather Tech window awnings. PURE SEX!

Do you have a favorite "chick magnet" for your CX-5 (or "stud muffin magnet" if you are a single women)? (Yeah, those stainless steel hot chick silhouettes on mud flaps and license plate frames are a sure magnet, ladies.)

BTW, on the topic of pick ups, favorite redneck pickup line: "Ma'm, can you help me find my lost puppy? I think he's over by that cheap motel."

Last edited by Litehiker; 04-04-2022 at 09:48 PM.
Old 04-05-2022, 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by Litehiker
I dunno about the rest of you CX-5 owners but even though I live in the Las Vegas valley I often drive in mountain snow to ski or hunt and I need snow-capable all season tires. Some of you may live in Dreary Erie, PA ,or Lake Woebegone, Minnesota and have a crying need for them as well. jus' sayin'...
THEREFORE... I've decided that when Michelin comes out with their most excellent Cross Climate 2 tires in 245/50/19 I will slap a set on my SUV. They should make that size happen this summer (sez Discount Tire and The Tire Rack).

This tire gets an excellent "moderate snow" rating, "moderate" meaning about 6" or less as I have divined from YouTube reports. Plus that tread pattern just looks so manly and masculine compared to run-of-the-mill all season tread patterns that I'm sure they will be chick magnets - well, at least for the women I meet at the local laundromat.
**Another chick magnet is Weather Tech window awnings. PURE SEX!

Do you have a favorite "chick magnet" for your CX-5 (or "stud muffin magnet" if you are a single women)? (Yeah, those stainless steel hot chick silhouettes on mud flaps and license plate frames are a sure magnet, ladies.)

BTW, on the topic of pick ups, favorite redneck pickup line: "Ma'm, can you help me find my lost puppy? I think he's over by that cheap motel."

I'm running Michelins on my 2016. They do pretty well on ice and light snow. I don't think they are Cross Climate though. To be honest, except for cleaning them from time to time and checking the tread every few days, I don't look at them.

As for Chick magnets, during the Christmas season, I have an inflatable decoration that sits in me car. You buckle it in with the seat belt and when it's turned on, it looks like Buddy the Elf from "Elf". I get all sorts of attention from the ladies with that.

Old 04-05-2022, 01:44 PM

Grouch, you are a genius! I gotta find an inflatable Elf and try it.
My buddy rides his electric bike around with his dog Bubba in a big basket and naturally all the ladies want to pet Bubba. Such an obvious gambit. But hey, whatever works.

Old 04-06-2022, 10:15 AM

I have the Cross Climates on my Subaru Crosstrek. I did my research and picked those out, as I wanted a tire more capable in snow than typical Allseason tires, but did not want to get a set of dedicated snow tires. They seem to work well, especially in the rain - which is much more common than snow - at least this year in NE NJ. The tread pattern is certainly different form the other tires, but I just never thought of them as chick magnet tires. Jeeez.

Old 04-06-2022, 03:07 PM

Just got the crossCLIMAX on my wife's CX. They looks awesome!

Old 04-11-2022, 08:07 AM

I have the CrossClimate2 tires on my CX-5 and they have done very well for me through the last winter in Colorado. They aren't great in heavy slush, but as long as you're not doing anything stupid and driving too fast for the conditions, they should serve you well. The bit about manly tread pattern is a little ridiculous, though. 🤦‍♀️

Old 04-14-2022, 02:31 AM

B. Dorkus, "That bit about the manly tread parer..." was MEANT to be ridiculous, as was the rest of the post after that.
Good to hear you liked your Cross Climate 2 tires.

Eric B.