Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Clunking, ticking and burning

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2018, 07:42 AM
Default Clunking, ticking and burning

All,
I have a 66 plate CX5 2.2diesel (manual 6speed), been happy with the car until a few weeks ago. During a week it developed a bit of a habit, where it wouldnt move, literally was like it was glued to the tarmac, brake release was off, in gear wouldnt move, i had to really rev it and then it would make a horrondus clunking noise and shoot forward, with people staring as to what i had hit !!, Last week driving to work on the motorway, the gear select showed i was in 4th, but i had put the car in 6th, there was no where else to move the gear stick over to. I slowed right down and went back down into 3rd and then back all the way up into 6th and showed in the right gear. When i got to work the smell was horrid, acrid burning smell, which didnt dissapear over the next few days, even now when i drive to work or home their is a slight smell, which isnt present when its sitting idle. It has also developed a ticking sound since Sunday. It went to the main dealer, who said couldnt find anything wrong, were not concerned with the slight smell or ticking noise. I am still not convinced, anyone ever had a problem similair to any of these.

Thanks