Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brake issues

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2022, 02:59 PM
Default Brake issues

Hi
On my CX5 when breaking I was getting steering wobble and vibration on the brake pedal which felt like a warped disc. I’ve had new disc's /pads /Calliper's and disc carriers fitted but the issue has come back.
Could it be another part with in the brake system? Does anyone have any ideas
Cheers

Old 09-25-2022, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by BBcx5
Hi
On my CX5 when breaking I was getting steering wobble and vibration on the brake pedal which felt like a warped disc. I’ve had new disc's /pads /Calliper's and disc carriers fitted but the issue has come back.
Could it be another part with in the brake system? Does anyone have any ideas
Cheers
Welcome to this forum
This exact question was asked recently... somewhere else

In General I must point out for all readers that any problems should be identified before parts replaced. This will prevent replacing un-needed parts and also parts that may contribute to worsen a condition or add new ones to solve.

You need to look at steering components and the ABS and Traction system. Go to Factory Service Manual that will in detail described what and how to check the ABS and Tractions control system. As for suspension if you are not sure go to a Firestone or other that generally offer a free estimate inspecting for front end alignment which will usually indicate worn steering parts. You can look at the wear pattern of the tread if you routinely rotate your tires in the proper pattern. This may also lead to a dampener or 2 that are needing to be replaced?

Last edited by Callisto; 09-25-2022 at 03:53 PM.
Old 09-25-2022, 04:23 PM
Thumbs up Brakes

Thanks very much for your input, I did wonder about the ABS I’ll check it out