Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

AutoDoor Lock

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2022, 01:33 AM

Originally Posted by CarpeDiem
This is not an uncommon “issue”. Most of the time it is due to the driver walking away from the CX too rapidly. .
Originally Posted by Everybody do the Bartman
.If I walk away too fast I'm out of FOB range and it won't trigger. .
That's also my experience.

Solution, which works 100% of the time: exit slowly enough to the point it "beeps" to engage. Exit the car, close the door, briefly remain standing next to the closed door while awaiting the "beep" to know that the car has recognized the fob has exited the car. Then walk away. Invariably, if I attempt to close the door while I'm moving away it ends up that by the time the door does close I'm too far away for the thing to recognize it should activate the lock.

Could Mazda have engineered the sensing differently, so it's more capable of recognizing the fob's exit? Sure. But they didn't.

Old 11-21-2022, 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by GAsierra
That's also my experience.

Solution, which works 100% of the time: exit slowly enough to the point it "beeps" to engage. Exit the car, close the door, briefly remain standing next to the closed door while awaiting the "beep" to know that the car has recognized the fob has exited the car. Then walk away. Invariably, if I attempt to close the door while I'm moving away it ends up that by the time the door does close I'm too far away for the thing to recognize it should activate the lock.

Could Mazda have engineered the sensing differently, so it's more capable of recognizing the fob's exit? Sure. But they didn't.
Thanks. All this feedback is helpful. Now that I know it's an issue with the tech and NOT a problem with my vehicle I won't try and get it looked at under warranty.