Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Apple Android upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2019, 10:50 PM

Thanks for the info. Yes it is pricey for google maps. I know my city well so I don't really need it. If I do I have a Garmin GPS and I designed a stand using parts from GPS city. The stand is seated in the pocket in front of the shifter.

Old 02-07-2019, 03:56 AM

Yes I agree it to expensive but in my case I would like to use my IOS NAV from my iPhone in my new head unit device and for me its like hobby I don't like another kind of NAV and I don't want same Chines so I am using Car Play adapter from Smarty Trend and the quality is amazing, also not only about NAV some apps like music books phone SMS for me its much better than Bluetooth connection.

Old 02-28-2019, 09:06 AM

Also you can find more information in special shop for example

Old 03-10-2019, 07:35 AM
Default Bit pricy but worth it

New member here. I did have it installed. At my dealership charged $360 out the door.
I spend a lot of time on my commute and am glad to have it. I use Google Maps most of the time and you can have it display traffic as well as switch to satellite view. It also allows searching for saved places and previous searches.
Another benefit is for listening to podcasts. The app makes it very easy to find, select and play podcasts.
One other that I use often is listening and reply to text messages by dictation.
Finally, the connection does a much better job charging your phone.
I do agree the price turned me off at the beginning, but I am glad to have it.

Old 03-13-2019, 06:19 PM

Car play puts your phone's interface on your car's infotainment screen. So you can use your phone with the touch screen or center console controls.
For some it is well worth the $400 - which in the world of infotainment systems does not seem like a rip off.
And, for those up to the challenge: you can pay $200 and DIY which is what I will be doing if I make the plunge.
For now I have the poor man's alternative to the integrated car play: an excellent phone mount for the CX-5
I highly recommend the pro-clip phone holder for really any car. They are expensive ($70 for a mount customized to the car and clip for your phone), but they really work nice. The 2nd gen CX-5 version holds the phone in the lower right corner of your infotainment screen and angles the phone toward the driver. It is in a good location for maps or pausing your podcast. And, your phone won't get tossed to the floor or fall out of the center console bin when you hit a pothole or practice your gymkhana moves

Old 03-13-2019, 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by davmac
Car play puts your phone's interface on your car's infotainment screen. So you can use your phone with the touch screen or center console controls.
For some it is well worth the $400 - which in the world of infotainment systems does not seem like a rip off.
And, for those up to the challenge: you can pay $200 and DIY which is what I will be doing if I make the plunge.
For now I have the poor man's alternative to the integrated car play: an excellent phone mount for the CX-5
I highly recommend the pro-clip phone holder for really any car. They are expensive ($70 for a mount customized to the car and clip for your phone), but they really work nice. The 2nd gen CX-5 version holds the phone in the lower right corner of your infotainment screen and angles the phone toward the driver. It is in a good location for maps or pausing your podcast. And, your phone won't get tossed to the floor or fall out of the center console bin when you hit a pothole or practice your gymkhana moves
Same here. Using a great magnet phone holder. Not ready to shell out $400 yet

Old 03-18-2019, 10:02 AM
Default Diy

their is a upgrade to install it yourself. if you dare.. i did it myself and it cost me 150 and about 2 hrs time . not really a big deal . GTS

Old 03-19-2019, 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by tonyt
their is a upgrade to install it yourself. if you dare.. i did it myself and it cost me 150 and about 2 hrs time . not really a big deal . GTS
where did you get your update for $150 on ebay or at dealer did you take any pictures you could share