Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone else change their own oil in thier CX-5?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2019, 04:05 AM

Originally Posted by Arkainzeye
Got my first oil change done by the dealer. Usually I wouldn't do this but it's free oil changes for life and they claim it's the Mazda synthetic oil. it's kind of hard to pass up a free oil change especially since I'm under warranty and they will have all the receipts and what not digitally stored..

so for the hell of it maybe it was out of guilt? I bought a quart of their oil just to have as a top off oil..
I've been buying the high-moly Mazda branded 0W-20 for our Mazda3; Amazon sells it for a decent price.

Old 03-10-2019, 11:08 AM
Default Easy

Changing oil is quick and easy. I use plastic ramps from Harbor Freight. Is you use a jack get pucks so you don’t deform the flange jack points.

Old 03-13-2019, 05:58 PM

You already got the important responses giving you the single lift points front and rear. I'll also echo the advice to get some ramps - they are very handy for oil changes.
I'm a big believer in changing your own oil. Of course, I wouldn't do it if they were free from the dealer or if I didn't have a garage. But changing oil is simple and gives you a chance to bond with your car and inspect the car from underneath - giving you a chance to plan for things like brake replacement or catch a small leak before it becomes a problem.

Old 03-13-2019, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by davmac
You already got the important responses giving you the single lift points front and rear. I'll also echo the advice to get some ramps - they are very handy for oil changes.
I'm a big believer in changing your own oil. Of course, I wouldn't do it if they were free from the dealer or if I didn't have a garage. But changing oil is simple and gives you a chance to bond with your car and inspect the car from underneath - giving you a chance to plan for things like brake replacement or catch a small leak before it becomes a problem.
I like that!