Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

Anyone else change their own oil in thier CX-5?

Old 12-28-2018, 09:05 AM
Default Anyone else change their own oil in thier CX-5?

I need to change my oil, I bought a floor jack and have jack stands. Im wanting to know where the lift points are for safe jacking? I found a video on youtube but he did each side separately, which doesnt sound all that safe. Im thinking there has to be a center point under the car to lift?

Old 12-28-2018, 10:06 AM

Yes, there are a couple of center jacking points (front and rear) on the CX-5 as depicted here:
http://www.mcx5.org/jacking_positions_vehicle_lift_2_supports_and_safe ty_stand_rigid_rack_positions-204.html
However, I suggest you do yourself a favor and get a set of RhinoRamps for this sort of thing. Much easier and safer.
https://www.amazon.com/RhinoGear-11909ABMI-RhinoRamps-Vehicle-Ramp/dp/B0117EETEK/ref=sr_1_2?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1546012735&sr= 1-2&keywords=RhinoRamps+Vehicle+Ramp

Old 12-29-2018, 10:49 AM

I change my own oil but I don’t use jacks or jack stands.

Get some 2x10 wood. Screw two or three boards together. Cut the leading edge at a 45 degree angle and that should give you the clearance you need. The drain plug faces the rear so no issue there. Add five quarts, check for leaks and when the car is level recheck the dipstick and add to bring it up to the full mark.

Old 01-01-2019, 03:31 PM
Default Oil Change

Great idea on use of the wooden ramp drive up. I had a set and lost them in one of our many moves.

I have a set of low profile ramps that i bought at Pep Boys. They are made of heavy ABS/plastic and work well.

PS: Another thing to have is a set of wheel chocks for the rear to ensure it does not move.

happy new year.

Jim

Old 01-10-2019, 02:07 PM
ZQ8

Yea I do.

Old 01-10-2019, 02:42 PM

You can buy a pair of plastic ramps at AutoZone for $35. They usually have an oil/filter combo on sale and you will save the price of the ramps on your first exchange. Don't cheap out on the oil pan either. Buy the one there with the pourable spout, then dump the old oil right into your last empty jug.

Old 01-29-2019, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by arkainzeye
https://bangshift.com/bangshift1320/engine-oil-and-low-speed-pre-ignition-in-direct-injection-engines/
wtf...

Old 01-29-2019, 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by Arkainzeye
bangSpam.com
Spam!

Old 02-08-2019, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by nickndfl
You can buy a pair of plastic ramps at AutoZone for $35. They usually have an oil/filter combo on sale and you will save the price of the ramps on your first exchange. Don't cheap out on the oil pan either. Buy the one there with the pourable spout, then dump the old oil right into your last empty jug.
Yeah....ditto. I usually get either a K&N oil filter from wallyworld and some 0W-20 Castrol or just the factory filter and Mazdas 0W20.

Old 02-20-2019, 03:00 AM

Got my first oil change done by the dealer. Usually I wouldn't do this but it's free oil changes for life and they claim it's the Mazda synthetic oil. it's kind of hard to pass up a free oil change especially since I'm under warranty and they will have all the receipts and what not digitally stored..

so for the hell of it maybe it was out of guilt? I bought a quart of their oil just to have as a top off oil..

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Anyone else change their own oil in thier CX-5?