Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any thoughts on the Cx-5 Nav system?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2013, 08:47 AM
Smile TomTom Nav. for CX5

I totally like the TomTom Nav system in my 2014 CX5. I have owned several TomTom Nav devices and was totally at home with this one. I like the Mazda Nav system MUCH better than the one I had in my Honda Accord or the one I had in my Nissan Altima. I think that for those who don't like it they just aren't used to the TomTom operating system; Once you get used to it; It really works well. Of all the different NAV Systems I have owned I trust the TomTom over them all.

Old 03-24-2013, 03:28 PM

Update:

Dealer had the car in for a replacement unit, and typically the damn thing decided to work properly the day before. I didn't tell the dealer that as they saw for themselves the live services had failed.

So, picked the car up, and went through a few things. Yes all seemed to be new, but I do wonder if he noticed it was up & running and simply reset factory settings. However I notice than I have a 6 week extension on my subscription when I investigated deeper and looked into my account. So maybe I shouldn't be so cynical.

I do like TomTom as a rule as I've owned a portable one for several years. The Mazda one is very intuitive, and I hope has stabilised.

Alex

Old 03-27-2013, 01:52 PM

Dealership installed the Tomtom navigation a couple days in my 2014 CX5. All i get now is 'waiting for a valid gps signal'. It's been 2 days. Anybody with this problem?

Old 03-28-2013, 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by Gene Geary
Dealership installed the Tomtom navigation a couple days in my 2014 CX5. All i get now is 'waiting for a valid gps signal'. It's been 2 days. Anybody with this problem?
Did you ever create an account to update the SD card, that might help solve the problem. If after you do it, it still is looking for gps signal, you might want to take it back to the dealer.

Old 03-29-2013, 07:03 AM

I went to the dealership yesterday and after an hr they called the factory and was told that in the 2014 models there's a cable behind the glove box that's delivered not connected to the dealerships. They connected and gps works great now.

Old 03-30-2013, 07:12 AM

Originally Posted by Gene Geary
I went to the dealership yesterday and after an hr they called the factory and was told that in the 2014 models there's a cable behind the glove box that's delivered not connected to the dealerships. They connected and gps works great now.
Guess the Dealer did not prep you car correctly to begin with.

Old 04-06-2013, 03:36 AM

TomTom is Rubbish.

Unit replaced 11th March after live traffic and all live services failed.

Failed again 30th March. Now waiting yet another unit, and it always packs-up just before I have a long motorway trip.

Not happy.

Alex

Old 04-09-2013, 10:55 AM

Latest update Tues April 9th. Mazda NB-1 no live services.

As per earlier posts. Unit was replaced 11th March as no live services. Failed again 30th March.

As it is an integrated unit, and as per Mazda regime I have to take to car to the dealership for their assessment before they can even order a replacement unit. Have done that, and went back today to have yet another unit fitted.

Dealership replaced the unit, and immediately failed >> No Live Services <<

This means yet another trip to the dealers, and to sit in reception whilst they go through the whole procedure again.

Including the factory fitted original, the next one will be unit number 4.

At least TomTom has listened and will be offering me an extension of services, but this is frustrating as well as inconvenient.

Mazda are no longer In denial I suspect as my issues have been well documented with their UK customer service dept.

I feel sorry for the dealership on this one as they are as fed up as I am.

Alex

Old 04-16-2013, 08:56 PM
Default Over Speed Limit warning?

If I have the nav on I see that a area in the lover left turns red.
I would thing a warning sound would be more useful,

Old 04-17-2013, 02:59 AM

Originally Posted by CX-5-2013
If I have the nav on I see that a area in the lover left turns red.
I would thing a warning sound would be more useful,
I would prefer if the thing turned red when you are 10% above the limit.

Just 3 mph is a bit close when you are doing 70 on the motorway and everyone is zipping past as if you are going backwards.

Anyway, the red is right in the vision of my passenger, and should I fail to notice she will tell me. Very kind of her, but I don't really need to know should I creep up to dizzy speed of 74 mph.

I would prefer it wasn't there at all, and I seem to recall you can set the system to warn you audibly if you exceed speed limits.

Quick Reply: Any thoughts on the Cx-5 Nav system?