Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2022 CX-5 CE - No RCTA system?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2022, 05:16 PM
Lightbulb 2022 CX-5 CE - No RCTA system?

I thought I posted this but don't see the thread anywhere so I'll try again.

I just took delivery, yesterday, of a 22' CE and I'm trying to find out if I have RCTA? Any info would be appreciated because its driving me nuts as it says on Mazda's website that they all do.
I was backing out of a spot and both a pedestrian was walking behind me AND a car was passing behind her and NOTHING happened. no beep, NADA. Nothing on the reverse camera changed. I tried messing with the settings in all kinds of configurations of on and off and nothing. I Can't even find a screen that mentions RCTA. I attached photos of what I have. I've also gotten pretty close to a car in front of me and I didn't hear any audible beep or see anything light up on the dash. No indicator light are on the dash right now.

I've only had it it for one full day but I gotta say, even though this is head and shoulders nicer than my 2019 Rogue, some of the things the Rogue had that this doesn't is bewildering. My lower trim Rogue had individual tire pressure gauges to let you know what the pressure is in each tire, rear emergency braking and rear parking sensors. I'm stunned the Mazda doesn't have these simple features in this trim.

Thanks,
Vin

Old 07-26-2022, 06:50 PM
Old 07-26-2022, 07:01 PM

Tried that. Didn't work. Ended up restoring to factory settings and it picks up cars now. people i'm not sure about.

Thanks!

Old 07-26-2022, 09:59 PM

I’m glad you tried the recommendation in the link I provided and that it worked for you.

Try to hit "Reset Factory Settings" , then restart car, now it should work :

Old 07-28-2022, 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by climbinglife
I've only had it it for one full day but I gotta say, even though this is head and shoulders nicer than my 2019 Rogue, some of the things the Rogue had that this doesn't is bewildering. My lower trim Rogue had individual tire pressure gauges to let you know what the pressure is in each tire, rear emergency braking and rear parking sensors. I'm stunned the Mazda doesn't have these simple features in this trim.

Thanks,
Vin
These are common complaints. It makes no sense to me about the individual tire pressures either. The new CX-50 has this feature so why not add it to the '22 CX-5? As for parking sensors, also a mystery. Only available on the top level Signature. Then again, Acura did this with the '16 RDX. We had to get the Advance trim (top level) to get parking sensors. You also couldn't get rear heated seats in any trim level on the RDX, but you could get this option in Canadian models. All were built in the same factory in Ohio...

Old 07-28-2022, 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by chickdr19
These are common complaints. It makes no sense to me about the individual tire pressures either. The new CX-50 has this feature so why not add it to the '22 CX-5? As for parking sensors, also a mystery. Only available on the top level Signature. Then again, Acura did this with the '16 RDX. We had to get the Advance trim (top level) to get parking sensors. You also couldn't get rear heated seats in any trim level on the RDX, but you could get this option in Canadian models. All were built in the same factory in Ohio...
Yeah thats crazy but I guess it is par for the course with different car manufacturers. I've only had the car for 4 days and don't get me wrong, I really like it and i'm gonna post a separate thread about my initial thoughts after putting more miles on it, but some of the omissions are weird. Like I wonder who thinks a passenger power seat is more wanted than parking sensors. If that were polled, I'd really be curious to see the results. lol

Also the car is super quiet at speed, when the rpms drop, BUT I actually feel the engine is fairly noisy at low speeds through the rev range. This is mostly my fault as I this was the first time I ever went through a leasing guy and to be completely honest, did the deal on the car without ever driving one. During the time I was waiting for the car, I went to two separate dealerships but they had no NA CX5s on the lot to test drive. So some of the nuances the car has, I never experienced until I got it on Monday.

More to come after some more miles.
I really love the color combo. Different light changes the color profile.

Old 07-28-2022, 11:07 PM

You car 100% does show the individual tire pressures, you just aren't looking in the right menu. Also, you bought car today/yesterday...take it back and have them explain all this to you.

I'm not saying you don't have an issue, the new ones have the MDARS (Mazda Diagnostic And Repair System) and it's brand new and completely developed in-house. There are tons of bugs to the software that are still getting worked out.

Seriously it's under warranty, take it back to the dealer. If any new car comes back to the same dealer twice for the same warranty issue twice, they have to contact Mazda Techline and open a file for the case. You should be having your *** kissed about this time, and given a loaner car, these things can take days to figure out.

There is a good chance that you have an unknown software error, and by taking your car back to the dealer and having that information sent back to the Engineers, you are helping identify and fix an otherwise unknown issue.

There might not be a fix for it yet.

I highly suggest that you should try turning your head around and physically looking at the direction that you are moving your 3 thousand pound rolling death machine, and that it is clear of potential victims. When you run someone over, it's not the fault of the car, its the person in control of it. This comment is why Service Advisors exist.

Last edited by DisiFTW; 07-28-2022 at 11:20 PM.
Old 07-28-2022, 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by climbinglife
Also the car is super quiet at speed, when the rpms drop, BUT I actually feel the engine is fairly noisy at low speeds through the rev range.
Your car has cylinder de-activation, where when you are at a cruising speed and even throttle, two of the four cylinders (#2 and #3) turn off, so that you are only running on two (#1 and #4), so hence it is both more quiet and smooth, with the goal being more fuel efficient.

There are a few conditions which make this happen, but when you other wise driving, like in traffic, this doesn't happen. You get the full power (and noise) of the engine for the "driver experience" which is what driving a Mazda is all about.

Last edited by DisiFTW; 07-28-2022 at 11:21 PM.
Old 07-29-2022, 05:29 AM

Originally Posted by DisiFTW
You car 100% does show the individual tire pressures, you just aren't looking in the right menu. Also, you bought car today/yesterday...take it back and have them explain all this to you.

I'm not saying you don't have an issue, the new ones have the MDARS (Mazda Diagnostic And Repair System) and it's brand new and completely developed in-house. There are tons of bugs to the software that are still getting worked out.

Seriously it's under warranty, take it back to the dealer. If any new car comes back to the same dealer twice for the same warranty issue twice, they have to contact Mazda Techline and open a file for the case. You should be having your *** kissed about this time, and given a loaner car, these things can take days to figure out.

There is a good chance that you have an unknown software error, and by taking your car back to the dealer and having that information sent back to the Engineers, you are helping identify and fix an otherwise unknown issue.

There might not be a fix for it yet.

I highly suggest that you should try turning your head around and physically looking at the direction that you are moving your 3 thousand pound rolling death machine, and that it is clear of potential victims. When you run someone over, it's not the fault of the car, its the person in control of it. This comment is why Service Advisors exist.
"Three thousand pound rolling death machine..." Yeah, good one thanks for the laugh.
Not sure you got through the other posts in the thread but the RCTA was resolved, but thanks for the added insight and eye opening thoughts in this cloudy world. As far as tire pressure goes on the 22 CX5s, please by all means, tell us where it exists in the right menu. Others here seem to be as perplexed as I.