Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to kill park-assist sensor on 2021 CX-5

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2022, 07:05 PM
Default How to kill park-assist sensor on 2021 CX-5

Hi there. I URGENTLY need your help as the following situation is driving me crazy.

The park-assist (or at least that’s what I believe it is causing the issue) on my 2021 CX-5 will not stop beeping as soon as I accelerate above 5 km/h (3 m/).

What happened:

I got rear-ended on the lower right side of my CX-5. The impact broke the glass, damaged the bumper as well as the lift gate (I cannot open it).

Due to the global logistics shortage nightmare we are living, there are no spare parts in Canada for the next 3-4 months!

What have I tried so far?

- I’ve tried cancelling park-assist by pushing the button on the lower left side of the dashboard (next to the driving wheel).
- I’ve tried cancelling park-assist through the console.
- I’ve tired searching for the park-assist AND lift-gate fuse(s) - not available.
- I’ve physically disconnected the parking sensor on the damaged corner (rear right) by cutting into the bumper.

Nothing is working. Any help is immensely appreciated. Thank you for your time and willingness to help a man going crazy!

PS. Although the lift gate seems not to be closing, it is locked and I don’t see any indication that it is opened.

Last edited by Charly2020!; 04-16-2022 at 07:35 AM.
Old 04-16-2022, 11:55 AM

I'd hope you're OK, do you have front and rear park sensors? or did they installed at dealer?. The fuse that supply power to the park assist unit is the ignition relay IG1, so that is not an option.
You could remove the connector from the module until all repairs are done, it's located behind glove compartment in 2017-2020, not sure in a 2021 model. Pull glove compartment stay damper in this direction ----> then press both ends of the compartment, keep lowering it until hooks pass the frame and remove it, take a peek.

Old 04-16-2022, 03:17 PM

Hi @Mazdaon

Thank you very much for your response. Unfortunately, my 2021 CX-5 doesn’t have the connector you made reference to. However, it had a similar one on the left hand side. I proceeded to disconnect the connector but the “beep beep beep” continues.

Other ideas? What else could it be?

Old 04-16-2022, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by Mazdaon
I'd hope you're OK, do you have front and rear park sensors? or did they installed at dealer?. The fuse that supply power to the park assist unit is the ignition relay IG1, so that is not an option.
You could remove the connector from the module until all repairs are done, it's located behind glove compartment in 2017-2020, not sure in a 2021 model. Pull glove compartment stay damper in this direction ----> then press both ends of the compartment, keep lowering it until hooks pass the frame and remove it, take a peek.

hi again @Mazdaon I took another shot and got a flash light this time. I found the following (see image below). Can you please confirm if this is what you are talking about?

Old 04-16-2022, 08:28 PM

That's TAU (tuner). Have you look above tuner?

Old 04-18-2022, 10:53 AM

That's TAU (tuner). Have you look above tuner?
@Mazdaon I did and this is what I see behind the glove box. Please advise.

Old 04-18-2022, 01:44 PM

Nope is not there. Here's the deal, Mazda redesigned wiring in '21 and I haven't seen any diagrams. There's even a difference between Canada and US for example TAU is not there anymore in the US it's a Remote Tuner and probably located in the trunk area closer to the antenna.
BTW nice pictures, device with yellow/orange connectors it's passenger air bag, be careful.
Sorry I'm afraid I can't help you I don't have any other info.

Old 04-18-2022, 02:24 PM

Nope is not there. Here's the deal, Mazda redesigned wiring in '21 and I haven't seen any diagrams. There's even a difference between Canada and US for example TAU is not there anymore in the US it's a Remote Tuner and probably located in the trunk area closer to the antenna.
BTW nice pictures, device with yellow/orange connectors it's passenger air bag, be careful.
Sorry I'm afraid I can't help you I don't have any other info.
@Mazdaon thank you for your help.

PS. The “beep beep beep” I hear, comes from the back of the car (trunk area). I don’t believe it comes from any of the speakers.