Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

2021 CX 5 heads

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2023, 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by Callisto
Ok that is just information about the part(s) that are included in the service "IF AUTHORZED" under warranty replacemen! This TSB is not uncommon for some service that are having to do with system part with multiple parts associated with the required part(s) needed to be replaced. FYI under the dealership contract with MAZDA any dealer that replaces some parts or perfroms some service not authorized directly from MAZDA they may have not be reimbursed for the parts and labor.

It is NOT anything more then that, sop please dont read into what you think it means other then what I explained!
Frankly it is another TSB that should be kept withing the TSB trademark of not being publicly posted because most do not understand them! But its the times we live in that even a trademark now has no protection so why pay the cost of getting them only to have them violated. I know first hand experence with my own!

Often NEVER read by people that find these and post them:

Deleted. Thank you.

Old 08-18-2023, 08:30 AM

The thing is Cali, the info in these TSB's can be very helpful to individuals, especially when they only have access to suspect dealers. It is pretty useful to be able to see what VIN's are included under a TSB so you can be on the lookout for the issues discussed in the TSB. If they were not available online, the info would be proprietary to the dealers and they could make their own calls about who they think is worthy. I used the TSB about the cold weather turbo performance issues to have it performed on my car. Without the info on the forums, I would never have known how to ask for it. I don't believe anyone here is suggesting these TSB's are appropriate for DIY projects. They should not be kept secret from the owners of the products they are intended to repair.

As this has been your position the entire time I have been on the forum, I guess we just have to agree to disagree on this point.

Old 08-18-2023, 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by chickdr19
The thing is Cali, the info in these TSB's can be very helpful to individuals, especially when they only have access to suspect dealers. It is pretty useful to be able to see what VIN's are included under a TSB so you can be on the lookout for the issues discussed in the TSB. If they were not available online, the info would be proprietary to the dealers and they could make their own calls about who they think is worthy. I used the TSB about the cold weather turbo performance issues to have it performed on my car. Without the info on the forums, I would never have known how to ask for it. I don't believe anyone here is suggesting these TSB's are appropriate for DIY projects. They should not be kept secret from the owners of the products they are intended to repair.

As this has been your position the entire time I have been on the forum, I guess we just have to agree to disagree on this point.
You are for the most right!
However I get handed these all the time from customers that tell me thats what is wrong and that is how they want the service done. So I tell them what the TSB were created for and that TSB at times are incorrect. Hence so many superseded TSB and some even stating disregard the previous TSB No. XYZ.

The NTSB as you or someone pointed out has a better information bank on specific TSB for exact VIN . You must even go through a proving request fill that you are the owner so retrieve them. At least IMHO a better way to get them for your VIN and not simply post a blanket TSB and have so many that do not understand what a TSB are used for on a forum like this.
But it is what it is.....

As for the last TSB posted it really is only adding addition "POSIBLE effected VIN , but unlike this forum on the other forum you would think it was OMG look more bad heads! LOL

I appreciate you carefully worded response it has me think about what to respond with instead of more of the cuff response.