Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

2020 CX5 FOB Low Battery error

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2021, 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by Mazdagus
Fob battery life:- i am not sure as new cx5 Mazda owner. Many people claim the battery only lasts 2 years! It could be due to the fact that its emitting a radio wave constantly to the car to keep it engaged as the car is keyless driving. Ie. The fob could be in your handbag, and it would need to transmit a strong signal to the car to sync it whilst your driving or near car. That could explain why fob battery only lasts 2 years. My other cars, I'v only changed battery once in 15 years.
Originally Posted by mazda_nc_dude
FWIW, about 4 years now with our CX-5 and we changed the battery of the key fob twice.
Changing the battery regularly is a preventive measure so that ONE TIME the battery is depleted and you need it the most. There is always on forums the members that go the extreme limits of things as if it is good thing? LOL
Batteries, oil, SPARK PLUGS, air filters, tires, BRAKES..... LOL you all get the win , and good luck with NEVER having to call for a tow truck or worse. LOL
But hey for me it job security because I get to fix your vehicles for thinking this way. LOL

Preventive maintenance (PM), sometimes called preventative maintenance, is maintenance that is proactively performed on an asset with the goal of lessening the likelihood of failure, reducing unexpected downtime, and prolonging its useful life.

ASE

Old 11-20-2021, 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by mazda_nc_dude
FWIW, about 4 years now with our CX-5 and we changed the battery of the key fob twice.
Just a few days after posting this, the battery of the key fob of my other car had to be replaced

I checked the voltage of the battery I took out and it was 3V, so the car's info system does a good job well in advance to inform you to change the battery.

Last edited by mazda_nc_dude; 11-20-2021 at 04:16 PM.
Old 11-21-2021, 12:45 PM
Default Starting a CX-5 When Your Key Fob Battery is Dead

Originally Posted by Nydave
So i purchased a 2020 CX5 two months ago (Oct 3rd 2020) and a few days ago i tried starting the car and i received the error message "unable to detect key Fob battery low" i went out and i bought a three pack of duracell 2032 batteries and replace it. that didn't seem to fix the issue because i'm getting the same error message and unable to start the vehicle unless i hold the fob next to the start button. Before i take it to the dealer, can anyone give me some insight into what exactly is happening? thanks in advance.
There are probably a fair few thoughts flying through your head when you press the ignition button and nothing happens. Most of them likely involve some carefully chosen curse words. But don’t worry, the cause is likely a dead key fob. Mazda has installed a work-around in all their key fobs to make sure that a dead battery doesn’t mean a dead car.

Here’s how to start your Mazda CX-5 with a dead key fob.

Old 11-22-2021, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by ch_hamza121
There are probably a fair few thoughts flying through your head when you press the ignition button and nothing happens. Most of them likely involve some carefully chosen curse words. But don’t worry, the cause is likely a dead key fob. Mazda has installed a work-around in all their key fobs to make sure that a dead battery doesn’t mean a dead car.

Here’s how to start your Mazda CX-5 with a dead key fob.
Looks like there is no link to the solution in your post. Can you reshare?