Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2018 CX5 - Would you buy this again?

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2018, 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by securityguy
Torn between a Honda CRV Touring loaded versus a CX5 Grand Touring loaded. Wife loves the Soul Red but I read the thread on the paint and it is VERY disturbing. Would you buy this SUV again or are there other issues that I should also be aware of? If you had to do it all over again, would you buy the CX5 or look at the competition?

Thank you all, in advance, for your time and insight. I would like to avoid a costly error!

What was the final decision? Did you buy the CX-5?

Old 10-05-2018, 10:43 AM

I drive a 2017 CX-5 GT and my wife drives a 2017 CX-3 GT. I am very happy with my CX-5 because it is very comfortable to drive plus the adaptive cruise control, lane departure assist, auto high beam, etc. I drove to Arizona and back. The entire round trip was pleasant. Coming back I drove straight with just food, gas, restroom and two two-hour nap stops. I love driving on interstates at night because of the auto-dimming LED headlight - very bright. Oh, my son, too drives a 2016 Mazda 3 Touring. He loves it. Before our Mazdas, my wife and I owned Subaru Crosstreks. Traded those with the Mazdas. I don't like CVTs and Mazda is the only (I think) car manufacturer that hasn't joined the bandwagon on CVT transmission. I heard that there is newer approach by Toyota on CVT with true first gear. We'll see what happens there. I have no "Brand Loyalty" but so far Mazda sticks to me right now. I will see what will happen with the new Toyota CVT with true first gear. I may try that. But for now, I love my CX-5. I just have my CX-5 installed with trailer hitch because next month, I'll be moving to Arizona and I'll be towing my motorcycle in a UHaul trailer.

Old 10-05-2018, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by mazdaCPA
What was the final decision? Did you buy the CX-5?
Bought a loaded 2019 Acura RDX Advance...what an awesome vehicle!

Old 10-06-2018, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by securityguy

Bought a loaded 2019 Acura RDX Advance...what an awesome vehicle!
That's a pretty good car, congrats! Considered the RDX as well but was above my budget. We are very happy with our 2018 CX-5 so far.

Old 11-22-2018, 07:59 AM

I just bought a pearl white CX5 and love it. I come from a Jaguar XF so my expectations were high. I bought the top of the range model knowing it would have more than my Jaguar had, and I'm impressed. There are still some things missing like Android Auto, Ambient lighting, center armrest doesn't slide forward so you're left hanging - but other than that, it's an impressive SUV and is so much fun to drive.

Would I buy it again? Hell YES!

Old 12-17-2018, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by hiltoncam
I just bought a pearl white CX5 and love it. I come from a Jaguar XF so my expectations were high. I bought the top of the range model knowing it would have more than my Jaguar had, and I'm impressed. There are still some things missing like Android Auto, Ambient lighting, center armrest doesn't slide forward so you're left hanging - but other than that, it's an impressive SUV and is so much fun to drive.

Would I buy it again? Hell YES!
You can now get Android Auto with the Retrofit Kit 00008FZ34