Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2017 Mazda CX-5 Airbag Light

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2023, 08:15 AM
Default 2017 Mazda CX-5 Airbag Light

I am looking for some help!

The airbag light on my dashboard has been flashing for the better part of a year. I have mistakenly spilled water on my passenger seat multiple times, which I believe has led to the issue. I read the code and it is a DTCB0011, which doesn’t tell you much. We did find that one of the resistance readings (see images) is high which I believe to be the problem.

We took apart the center console and got to the airbag module underneath the cupholders. We reseated all of the connections but the light is still flashing. I think something on the passenger seat is causing the issue. Any recommendations or technical advice is much appreciated.

Old 08-03-2023, 06:10 PM

First thing to do is check ALL the connections which you may or may not have done, you'll need a service manual to verify all of them.
I say this as I have no idea exactly how many connections are in this "loop", but I do know there are some in the seat itself.
It is no easy feat removing and reinstalling the seat.

Here's they actual definition of the code:
If the Restraints Control Module (RCM) detects a short between the passenger air bag stage 2 circuits and the circuits of another SRS component, it sets this Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) and the DTC of the corresponding SRS component. The Restraints Control Module (RCM) monitors all deployable device and sensor circuits for a signal cross coupled (short) between circuits. If the RCM detects a short between the circuits of one device and another device, it will store a DTC for each of the signal cross coupled faults in memory. The RCM sends a message to the Instrument Panel Cluster (IPC) to illuminate the air bag warning indicator. When a normal loop fault is present (one loop is either shorted to battery/ground, open circuit or low resistance), then signal cross coupled diagnostics will not be active. Once the normal loop fault is repaired, then the signal cross coupled diagnostics will resume.

Old 08-12-2023, 06:21 AM
Super Moderator

A quick google of DTCB0011 shows it being the passengers airbag in the dashboard, not the seat. I could be wrong.