Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Squeaking/Chirping Noise Driver’s Side Front Tire

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2023, 02:26 PM
Default Squeaking/Chirping Noise Driver’s Side Front Tire

I am hearing a squeaking/chirping noise from my driver’s side front tire on my 2016 CX5. Anyone else experience this?

Old 08-04-2023, 02:34 PM

Welcome to the forum

Noises are not uncommon ...
you need to give more details and maybe some better description of the noise. Also do passengers hear it in the same area as you do. this is important because sounds have a funny way of reflecting and not being emitted where you think they are coming from.

Old 08-04-2023, 02:54 PM
Default Example of the sound in link below

Old 08-04-2023, 03:12 PM

Thank you for the video .I had to play the vidoe like 4 times... LOL

You need to take it to a shop that has a lift and ramp feature so they can check your suspension, brakes and drivetrain. That noise can be coming from either side of the Mazda BTW?

What you could do in the meantime is go to a self-serve car wash and wash the underside of the chassis and suspension and see if that effect the noise in any way!

For other members making video... try to find a quiet background to make a video when asking about issues and concerns.
Behind warehouse is a great place because you can drive close the the walls which many times will make the sound loader to tape.

Engine noise questions should be done in a garage and turn of the washer and drier, and dont have your dog barking in the back ground when making them.... LOL

Last edited by Callisto; 08-04-2023 at 03:15 PM.
Old 08-04-2023, 03:39 PM

I took it to the shop this morning and they said they could not find anything. When the customer service guy had the lead mechanic come out to hear the noise, he said to bring it back and it could be related to the front brake/pad. I was just wondering if anyone else in this forum had experienced this.

Last edited by Mollusc; 08-04-2023 at 03:41 PM.
Old 08-04-2023, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by Mollusc
I took it to the shop this morning and they said they could not find anything. When the customer service guy had the lead mechanic come out to hear the noise, he said to bring it back and it could be related to the front brake/pad. I was just wondering if anyone else in this forum had experienced this.
YES
We get at least a customer a week with similar noises and that is why I posted what should be done to find it.. I doubt from your response that the shop did any of what I suggested or mentioned? Had they the noise would have been located and the cause !

ASE

Old 08-12-2023, 06:08 AM
Super Moderator

On the first gen CX-5s its becoming common for some of the tabs that locate the caliper anti rattle shims to snap with fatigue and allow the shim to move slightly sideways and contact the brake rotor, creating a similar noise to yours.

SAMPLE PHOTO

Old 08-12-2023, 07:51 AM

Thanks for this… several months ago the back rear caliper became stuck. It fried my rotor and shredded my brake pads of course. The rotor, pads, and electronic brake were replaced. I took my car in yesterday and they drove it. They heard the noise. They believe it was coming from the back (as previous person posted maybe not in the front) where this was replaced. They said the pads were super sticky as was the rotor. So they resurfaced both rear rotors and scratched up the pads. The sound is gone for now but they said to bring it back in if this does not resolve the issue. Will keep your comment in mind if the sound returns. Thanks!