Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2016 mazda cx5 weird key problems

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2023, 01:43 AM
Default 2016 mazda cx5 weird key problems

Hey guys,
I have a 2016 Mazda cx-5, and for while now i've had a weird issue with my key (only have 1 key fob). One day the battery died a few months back and we had to jump it and ever since then i've been having an issue with the key fob where it seems like fobs battery is low but i switch to brand new fresh ones and it wont always lock or unlock the car, and if I get in the car it wont turn on since it doesnt sense the battery (sometimes it does but i'd say its about 1 in 4 times) and I would have to press the keyfob against the on/off button (manual says that would work if i had a dead key fob) and car would turn on and run. If I turn the car on and drive and drop someone off and they open and close a door, then the red key button on the dash will start blinking red but everything works fine otherwise. Any clue what it could be? Just coincidentally my keyfob acting weird or could it be something with the car?
Second question is kind of a throw in the dark but I have a rattle right at my center speaker, if i push down on it (it ONLY happens in cold weather) the noise stops, so I stick a hard foam there to push down it for me but not sure what it could be, i have taken the center speaker mesh out and nothing was loose. Found 1 person with this issue on another forum but a solution/cause was never found. If anyone has experienced this too and found a solution let me know!

Thanks a bunch!

Old 08-02-2023, 07:26 AM

Check that your door lock functions are set correctly.
Any battery disconnection can alter settings.
I would also try another battery in your key FOB as "new" batteries are only as good as their manufacture date.

As for the rattle, you will need to check under the speaker/dash.

Old 08-14-2023, 08:31 PM

replace battery in your key remote