Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

2014 MAZDA CX5 -Audio and IPOD

Old 05-13-2014, 10:42 AM

Zoomers CX5. For all purposes this reply you received is the same on I received nealry a year ago. Interesting that they did NOT say they had one and the fix is on gthe way as was told the the person who originated the petition.

Old 05-13-2014, 03:50 PM
Default Mazda, Are You Listening?

I bought my CX5 last fall and it is my first Mazda purchase. The iPod interface was so frustrating that it was, and continues to be unusable. I feel somewhat betrayed by Mazda for this lack of functionality. I signed the petition and filled out the questionnaires that were sent to me. I also called customer service about it and spoke to my salesman about it. I want to reiterate to Mazda corporate just in case they monitor this thread:

*** This is my first as well as my LAST Mazda purchase if this problem is not fixed. You can't treat your customers this way and expect them to be repeat customers in the future. ***

Old 05-14-2014, 04:40 PM

Zoomers CX5. For all purposes this reply you received is the same on I received nealry a year ago. Interesting that they did NOT say they had one and the fix is on gthe way as was told the the person who originated the petition.

That's a LONG time, you must be very frustrated!
I have had my CX5 about four months and already find it extremely annoying. It would appear that Mazda is not listening, or has made the decision to turn a deaf ear to those of us that complain. I am bringing mine in for it's 5,000 mile service and will try and talk to the owner about it. Really too bad, I like everything else about this vehicle.
Does anyone reading this know definitively what the problem is and how to fix it?

Old 05-15-2014, 05:58 AM
Default Class Action Lawsuit?

This is so frustrating! I have had my CX5 for over a year now and still no progress towards getting the Bluetooth/audio problem fixed. Does anyone know if there is a class action lawsuit out there for this? or is anyone interested in starting one with me?

Old 05-15-2014, 07:12 AM

ive taken mine in to my dealer for the tech guy to look at 4 times only because it is getting logged ,was told by the guy that is how it works and he even admitted as did the sales man that its not right ,DER YER !!!!! there isnt a fix for it as yet as its a hardware and software problem ,this is what i was told .ive been told by mazda uk that there is a fix coming and it would be here end of april / may .it seems to me that this could also be more BULL from MAZDA UK .i ask everyone to book your cars in with the problem and also make a official compliant to MAZDA UK (or your country's ).ive phone every week and also visit the dealer if we all did this and clog up their system we might get somewhere,(clutching at straws ?) this is the UK customer service number so you dont have to pay 0845 prices ,its 01322622600 .

Old 05-24-2014, 01:10 AM

picked up cx5 today, forgot to test before I bought... anyway ipod/ usb is a waste of time....
in time... will get tossed for a aftermarket system if they dont fix it

Old 05-25-2014, 08:45 AM
Default Fixing Mazda's $#%-up

That is why I would like to know just exactly where the problem is, so if I decide to fix Mazda's mistake at my own expense, I have the option of just replacing the offending component(s).
I haven't had to purchase an aftermarket car stereo in ten years. My VW, Honda & Dodge all played seemlessly with my I-Phones.

Old 05-25-2014, 05:44 PM

Subbing so I can hear about any updates in the works. I love listening to my Ipod and it worked great in my Ford and in the pioneer I installed in my sonata. I want to keep the factory unit in this one so I am not putting the pioneer in it so hoping Mazda will release a hardware or software update in July. I put some audio books on another Ipod and using the AUX mode to see how it works since I don't want to start from the beginning every time I want to listen to a book. We have a road trip coming up and I am hoping it will work ok, only thing is I will need to remember to turn if off manually since it does not charge in the AUX port. I emailed mazda but did not get a reply.

Old 05-26-2014, 08:17 AM
Default Mazda failure to respond

Jayally says regarding reporting the iPod problems to Mazda ;

"I emailed mazda but did not get a reply."

This is perhaps one of the worst things about the problems we are having with Mazda concerning the iPod problems. Their complete lack of communication with those of us who have complained.

I am now approaching one year since I first reported the problem. I have received no written response or recognition.

After writing the US President of Mazda I received a telephone call from the person who monitors this Forum. His comment was that they knew about the problem but could give no assurance the problem would be fixed. Yes, I said he gave NO ASSURANCE THE PROBLEM WOULD BE FIXED. He also said I would receive no written response from the President of Mazda US, nor could he even state the President of Mazda US would even be made aware of our conversation.

It is clear they have no empathy for their suffering customers. Since none of our complaints are appearing in the public press, they apparently feel we are an impotent minority that can be ignored.

Old 05-27-2014, 09:29 AM
Default Petition update 5/27/14

Latest on the Petition Dan started:

"Hello again! As usual, thank you very much to all of the supporters of this petition!

I figured I would send out an update, as I've had a lack of communication with you recently.

I unfortunately have not received any new information regarding a software update for either the CX-5 or Mazda6. Mazda North America has failed to provide me any information whatsoever, or even attempt to stay in contact with me.

Now, I'm not sure whether their clear lack of communication has anything to do with the status of our update supposedly coming- but I'm not ready to give up. They have verbally told me (on multiple counts) our head-unit update was in the "final stages" in Japan.

I will likely be sending Mazda North America a copy of this petition, along with some comments- which is where you all come in.

***If you can, write a personal statement regarding this petition to be sent to Mazda. If desired, you can include your name and address or VIN to make it personal. No obscenities, and please check your grammar so I do not have to. No longer than a paragraph, please!***

Also, if you are able to, a small donation from just a few people would pay for me sending this document to Mazda, as well as the paper and ink to print so many pages. Everything will be sent via USPS Priority Express with Return Receipt (to verify someone at Mazda actually receives it). You can donate to my PayPal at dan@cyclopscomputers.com if you're feeling generous. Once I've printed everything and have enough money to ship, I'll send another message to you all with a link to photos of the pages being sent.

As always, I can be reached at that e-mail or on Mazda6Club, with the username danstheman7.

If I receive any more information I'll send another message to you all. Be happy and healthy, enjoy the warm weather, and enjoy your cars

-Dan"

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2014 MAZDA CX5 -Audio and IPOD