Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 MAZDA CX5 -Audio and IPOD

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2014, 03:59 PM

I'm wondering if anyone has considered filing a class action suit? We paid for this and did not receive a functioning system...

Old 03-19-2014, 09:36 PM
Default Response from Director of Customer Service at Mazda NA

Folks

I received a response back from the director of customer service at Mazda NA HQ about this issue. Word I got is that they are testing a hardware and software fix for the USB issue. Hopeful that something comes out in May. They've heard the gripes pretty loudly and all but admitted this was a design flaw. Based on what I was told, I think we will all get a recall letter related to this issue.

I am encouraged that the CIO of Mazda NA and this other person both personally responded and assured me they are working on a solution. The director even gave me his cell number if I want to call for an update.

Will post more as I hear from them.

Old 03-19-2014, 09:40 PM
Default Mazda NA response

Here's what I received back. I took out his name and cell.

I dug around with the Engineers and got some updated info. I asked Kiri to
call you and share the update with you. I think you will be pleased with
the progress we are making to resolve this concern for you and all of our
great customers. Thanks again for your patience and willingness to be part
of the solution. Your commitment to Mazda is appreciated.

Director, Customer Service Operations
Mazda North American Operations

Old 03-20-2014, 08:12 AM

While I was hoping for an update in April, this at least sounds a bit more concrete than pas rumors, even if I do have to wait a bit longer. Thanks for keeping us updated!

Old 03-20-2014, 11:37 AM

That is definitely good news hearing from the people at Mazda North America. This 2014 CX five is my first Mazda purchase and I'm glad to hear that corporate is listening to its buyers, and hopefully will get this annoying issue resolve soon. Thanks for the update Atlantis 10.

Old 03-21-2014, 09:35 PM
Default Customer survey

Mazda asked me today to rate our 2014 CX-5 (bought 3 weeks ago), so I took every opportunity to point out the iPod integration problem. I presume you other owners have done the same.

Old 03-22-2014, 04:45 AM

thats great news for NA mazda owners .we also had this info in the UK but nothing is 100 % on the cards but fingers crossed .also i took the survey and told them about these problems i did this months ago but nothing ,lets hope all these rumours are right .

Old 03-22-2014, 09:19 AM

In Mexico we have gotten no survey and my CX-5 is about two months old now, but we have the same problems with the CX-5 (iPhone/iPod integration, USB, Bluetooth, Navigation system). Let's hope the fixes rub off everywhere!

Old 03-28-2014, 07:44 AM

Not sure if you all had seen this thread yet, but a new Mazda 6 owner on Reddit posted this about an update that his dealer made to his car's system:

I had a chance to play around with the system yesterday and it does keep its place when playing music off my USB flash drive.
Four times I turned my car off and back on, each time it picked up playing exactly where itd left off not just on the right track but to the exact spot in that track when the car was turned off.
You can see the rest of the thread here: My new girl! Just got her home from the "hospital". (2014 Mazda 6 GT pics with bonus link) : mazda

Old 03-28-2014, 09:02 PM

Hello all,

Another CX-5 GT owner here. Same story as everyone else. TomTom is worthless - If I say red, it replies back blue. I am primarily a USB drive user for audio. Same thing with first track every time. I had worked my way up to an 8GB usb drive. It worked flawlessly for about a month, then all of a sudden, I was no longer able to select by artist. Well, I was able to select, but it gave me a track listing.

I then read about the Patriot 32GB Axle drive working best. Bought one of those - just as slow if not slower, but at least I haven't lost the ability to select by artist anymore.

I look forward to the potential of hearing something positive from Mazda. To this point, I had my CX-5 in for the 7500 mile treatment. At that time, a month ago, there was a Navi system update, supposedly for the TomTom. What it related to was the inability to work the Navi system once the speed threshold was reached (I think 3-5 mph) as a matter of safety. At least that issue has been corrected, but I still get absolutely nothing out of the voice activation part. My wife and I laugh hysterically at what the system repeats back to me. I tell it "Joe's Crab Shack", and it comes back with "Advance Auto Parts". No kidding. It's that bad.

Anyhow, here's to hoping something actually happens by May. I can write nasty letters (worded politically correctly) with the best of 'em, so if you have any suggestions of someone that might make a difference, please let me know. I have plenty of $0.02 to provide for the cause.

Otherwise, I love my CX-5.

Quick Reply: 2014 MAZDA CX5 -Audio and IPOD