Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 MAZDA CX5 -Audio and IPOD

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2014, 09:43 PM
Default Otherwise Perfect Car

Hi Folks...Wish I was posting a solution, but only here to add myself to the disappointed CX5/IPhone users. Too bad, I love this car but find the music shuffle issue VERY ANNOYING! Lets hope the good people at Mazda are aware and working on a fix. I plan on doing some complaining at my first oil change and will post the outcome be it positive or negative.

Old 03-09-2014, 05:00 AM

hi , ive found out that in the uk my 2014 cx5 will be recalled to have a new system fitted which they are testing now ,as from later this year the new cars (cx5& 6) will all be fitted with the new system . i hope this is also the case in the US

Old 03-10-2014, 04:11 PM
Default Interesting culprit

See the comment that someone else posted in the Mazdas247 forum regarding the iPod starting on the first track issue:

Resuming Playback with 2014 CX-5 GT Tech Stereo and other issues - Page 30

Old 03-11-2014, 01:09 AM

I saw that update. I wonder if there will be an update in the united states?

My salesman contacted me asking if I had any issues, concerns and I asked about the iPod issue and whether there will be a fix coming soon. He only replied back saying it might be my iPod causing the slower connection and didn't mention anything about a fix or if its even a common issue. Granted, he's only the sales guy so he probably doesn't know..

Old 03-11-2014, 07:50 AM

When you go to that link, one of the messages says: "the bluetooth module now down loads all the song data from the paired audio device when the ignition key is turned on..."

Maybe that whirring noise I hear is a hard drive loading data from my iPod, and that is taking several minutes.

On my 2010 VW CC, I don't think it downloads anything from my iPod -- it simply reads what's on the iPod and plays it.

Old 03-13-2014, 07:36 AM
Default In contact w/Mazda North America CIO & Director of Customer Service

Hello All. I don't have the CX series, but instead the 2014 Mazda 6 with Technology Package. I have the same issue as everyone else w/the lousy ipod integration (takes forever to load, gives errors, starts over every time the car starts).

I've received messages from both the CIO and Director of Customer Service for North America that they'll have someone get in touch with me today (3/13/14) about this issue. I'll post the results after my conversation.

On the upside, both executives responded within 10 minutes of them receiving my message (trade secret on how I was able to elicit such a quick response).

Based on how this goes, I'll use the same tool to reach the CEO and share the experience. Unbelievable car with a awful design flaw in the integration.

Old 03-14-2014, 08:43 AM
Default Maybe a fix is coming after all...

This morning I received this reply from Mazda Canada regarding the iPod issue:

"We regret that updates are not currently available, however it is still being looked out and updates should be available by end of summer."

Old 03-18-2014, 09:30 AM
Default Petition

For all those that did/did not sign the petition, I received this email today from the creator:

"First of all, thank you all for the signatures on this petition.
I've been pushing Mazda North America via phone/e-mail for an update, and have e-mailed Mazda Canada and UK, but haven't received any responses internationally, unfortunately.

I regret to inform you that the 2015 Mazda6 has been released with all of the same issues as the 2014 Mazda6 and CX-5.

Although my hope is fading, **We can't give up yet!**

If you can, call 1-(800) 222-5500 and tell a customer support agent about the issues you're experiencing with your radio/head unit, and refer to this petition.

If you know of any other ways to resolve our issues, have technical expertise related to Linux (and knowledge of how to change the firmware on our units), or have news of a coming update, feel free to send me an e-mail at my personal address, dan@cyclopscomputers.com.
Or, contact the user "danstheman7" (me) on Mazda6Club.

I promise not to e-mail you too often, just thought i'd provide you with an update with our current situation.

I hope all is well with you all, and best of luck moving forward.

Thank you!

Best Regards,
Dan."

Old 03-19-2014, 07:44 AM

i went into my dealer today kicking and screaming and i have a meeting tomorrow with the area manager so maybe he will have more luck .

Old 03-19-2014, 08:52 AM

It really is too bad that these otherwise fine cars have been released with such a head unit. The 2014 CX-5 in Mexico is no different. I venture to guess it uses the same firmware and everything else as the one in the USA. It's baffling that Mazda would not put more attention into this for 2015. Obviously they give the head unit a back seat to other systems in these vehicles. I also signed the petition, and soon I'm going into the dealer to re-complain about these issues, but it really is frustrating, and I wonder if anybody at all is really giving attention to this problem.

Quick Reply: 2014 MAZDA CX5 -Audio and IPOD