Mazda CX-30 The place to discuss the newest compact SUV addition to Mazda's lineup.

Qi Charging Issues

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2023, 01:51 AM
Default Qi Charging Issues

Can't get my phone to charge at all. It lights up green for a couple of minutes and then overheats, indicator lights red and just stops. Phone is a Pixel 6 Pro, works on other Qi chargers faultlessly. Also does the same for wife's pixel 6 standard, but lasts a few minutes longer.

Old 04-02-2024, 10:22 PM
Default Same issue with me

Originally Posted by marminuk
Can't get my phone to charge at all. It lights up green for a couple of minutes and then overheats, indicator lights red and just stops. Phone is a Pixel 6 Pro, works on other Qi chargers faultlessly. Also does the same for wife's pixel 6 standard, but lasts a few minutes longer.
First time posting to this forum. I just wanted to let you know that I have the exact same issue you are having with the Pixel 6 and wireless charging on my new CX30. Sometimes it works great and other times when I put my phone on there the green light comes on the dash telling me that it's charging and then within a couple of minutes it will turn red and when I reach down to take the phone off it is very hot.

My pixel 6 also works well on the two wireless chargers I have here inside the house. Although the phone does get warm when using my chargers here at the house too.

Since, I just bought the car yesterday 04/01/2024. Idk I will ask the dealer about it. What year is yours? I'd like to know if this is something that affects models of certain years or if it's something that's been happening all along to people. I'm due to upgrade that Pixel 6 soon but if this is going to be a problem with pixels and the wireless charging I may have to consider a different brand of phone for my next upgrade. I mean it's not a deal breaker but I do feel that if it is an option that you have to pay extra to get it should work properly.

Like everything else I'm sure if it was an iPhone it would work perfectly. It always seems that's the standard that everyone uses just because it's the most common.

If I hear anything I will let you know

Old 04-04-2024, 05:19 AM

I have iPhone and CX-30 2023 but it doesn’t work properly either. Phone is charging but get hot and charging is not effective
I assume it’s car wireless charging issue

Old 04-04-2024, 06:32 AM

Originally Posted by Susja
I have iPhone and CX-30 2023 but it doesn’t work properly either. Phone is charging but get hot and charging is not effective
I assume it’s car wireless charging issue
That's upsetting to hear that the wireless charging doesn't work properly. It's not a deal breaker for me but I like the convenience factor. OTOH If an automaker provides a feature in their cars and you pay extra to get that, It should work properly.