Mazda CX-9 This larger SUV adds a V6 option, as well as more cargo room, to the CX-7 option.

Bluetooth

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2007, 06:27 AM
Default Bluetooth

Let's start a thread addressing issues with the Bluetooth module or successful phones.

I have successfully paired my Blackberry 8700 and my wife's Treo 650. It seems as though it works best if the car is started while the phone is on and in the car. If not, I sometimes have pairing issues.. My wife's phone is on priority 2 and she cannot use it if mine is linked. Is there a way to have them play nicer together?

Thanks,
Craig

Old 08-03-2007, 03:39 PM
Default RE: Bluetooth

I havea Katana II and paired no problem. I have had the same issue with 1 and 2 priority phones in the car. It only seems to recognize and want to use the first phone.

I have had 2 issues with Bluetooth that I have not yet resolved (but I also haven't read the manual or contacted my dealer for help yet).

First is that if the phone enters a roaming area during a drive, the bluetooth seems to lock into a roam mode and won't switch out of it, even when the phone recognizes a standard service area.

Second, If I have to use the keypad on the phone, such as to dial a number or hang up, the bluetooth will not recognize the phone anylonger until I turn the vehicle off and back on. It is as though the software "reboots" and everything is normal again.

Didn't know if this is a common problem or if that is just how it works. When it is working, it works great!

Amy

Old 08-03-2007, 07:33 PM

Texas9- we've had the same problem. Sometimes we have to restart the car to get either phone to recognize with the phone indicator on the dash. If the #1 phone is active then the #2 phone won't connect. I've seen similar systems where they will both work but of course the #1 phone wins if there is a conflict. Maybe I should read the manual more..

Craig

Old 08-06-2007, 11:48 AM

My Bluetooth is acting goofier all the time. I am gong to go ahead and report this to my service department and see what they can do. Seems like a software issue to me.

Amy

Old 08-06-2007, 04:12 PM

I've Nokia's 3650 and 6102i ... both of which seem to work well on the system... Only one can be recognized at once... posted from manual...:
This function is for switching to a
different mobile phone which has been
registered beforehand. The selected
mobile phone will remain in effect until
the ignition switch is turned off.
1. Press the phone button (Short press).
Say: [Beep] Setup
Prompt: Select one of the following:
pairing options, confirmation prompts,
select phone, language, or passcode...,
or say
cancelto return to main
menu.
Say: [Beep] Select phone
Prompt: Please say 1 (priority 1) for
XXXXX... (Ex. phone A), 2 (priority
2) for XXXXX... (Ex. phone B...)
Say: [Beep] 60[font=advtt2cba4af3.b][size=2]61(Say the priority
number for the mobile phone to be
used as first priority.)
Prompt: XXXXX... (Ex. phone B...)
(Registered phone tag) selected, is this
correct?

Say: [Beep] Yes

Old 08-07-2007, 12:37 PM

I have also noticed that if I move my phone around the driver's side area that my phone and the car drop in and out of Bluetooth sync.

Craig

Old 08-07-2007, 09:43 PM

Mine syncs up fine but everyone I talk to says the voice quality is unacceptable so I just quit using it and use my Bluetooth headset.

Old 08-09-2007, 12:21 PM

I took my CX-9 into the dealer today to have the bluetooth looked at. They said that no problems had been previously reported with the unit (though some obviously exist with mine). They said they would plug it in and check it out. They are also installing the Sirius radio and switching unit to keep the iPod plug available (though I will probably never use it). Will let you know what they find out.

Amy

Old 11-16-2007, 11:41 AM

I also have issues with losing the bluetooth connectivity with the phone. Seems like if I hang up a call using the button on the steering wheel, the bluetooth connection is lost. This morning, it happened. I turned the car on & off several times and it didn't recognize the phone (I only have 1 phone paired). When I used my phone to try to findthe connection, it didn't find the Mazda bluetooth. Starting to get frustrated with this because I love using the handsfree. When it does work, it's great and the sound is good too. But it is so intermintant when and if it does work.

Amy - how much did you pay to get the Sirius connection with the switch? I was going to get it until I was quoted by the dealer that it would be around $1k with parts and installation.

Old 11-16-2007, 06:30 PM

cariengon,
I had mine installed at the time of purchase. I called Mazda customer service prior to purchase and discussed with them my concerns about getting the Sirius and having the availability for the iPod. They sent me a certificate for a free iPod switch (to be able to use both). I only paid invoice for the Sirius. For Sirius module, install, and iPod switch (but not the iPod user cable), it was about $500.

I would recommend you check out OC Mazda on the internet (google the address, I don't have it in front of me). They have all the genuine Mazda parts at a discount that you can purchase over the Internet and install yourself. I purchased the Homelink mirror from them and installed myself at a great discount. I know that they have the switch and the Sirius. I think install of these parts is simple and through an opening in the back of the vehicle. You might check that out as an option.

Amy

Quick Reply: Bluetooth