Mazda 323,Mazda 626 & Mazda 929 Whether the compact 323, the mid sized 626, or the full sized 929, these vehicles remain very popular even though production has stopped.

Need some help on this one!

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2006, 10:51 AM
Default Need some help on this one!

Ok been having brake problems for a while its not a bad one just a very annyoing one.

Car: 1992 323 1.6 FWD 5speed manual, Stock brake system, stock wheels and tires.

Ok problem is sometimes I get shuddering in the stearing when I brake this is brakeing at 40 mile and higher.

I know its has to be my calipers because I just did my brakes not more than a month ago, I put every thing on right, I lubed every thing up. And I didn't have a problem at all. Braked fine for a month. I also replaced the rotors too.

My main question is, would it be worth it to by new calipers? Or could I just get kit and just fix the ones I have?

Also I don't understand the diffrence between simi-loaded, full loaded calpipers that you can buy?

I mean I am looking at any where to 47-73 bucks per caliper. I mean I might be temped to just buy new ones but if I can just fix the ones I have now and make them work just as good I would much rather do that. My guess is that the rubber and seals on the calipers have just been so worn that they are whats causing the malfunction.

I just would good stoping power again.

Also some more things that I have noticed, when driving slow with my windows down I can hear a skeaking noise could this be I am missing some anti rattle parts on the caliper?

Also sometimes when breaking I can feel a knock, knock coming from the front right side, I am wonding now if that could be my ball joint?

Just some questions I need some answers too guys. I got paid yesterday and I want to get this figured out so I can see where I stand. I mean having a good brake system on an older car is a must.