Mazda Miata (MX-5) This compact RWD model, offered with many engines options for those are who want to cruise with the top down in a base model, or hit the track in one of the high performance models, has been a popular model since its introduction.

new here and need help deciding on one

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2007, 06:11 PM
Default new here and need help deciding on one

hi all. i was looking into getting one for my mom. i was curious if these cars are safe, reliable, and easy to maintain being ill be doing all the maintenance my self.

are there any issues or things i should be aware of on the 2007 mx5 miata's?

i was thinking of getting the blue or white gt hardtop convertable automatic miata for her. is there any problems or anything i should know about this particular model?

planning on doing the purchase sometime in 6-8months from now.

thanks for any info you guys can give me.

Old 02-27-2007, 02:25 AM
Default RE: new here and need help deciding on one

I have the 1997 version soft top with the hard top conversion... It is a VERY easy car to work on and to do performance work on too... Fairly inexpensive.. though if you ever have to change anything.. be careful a lot of parts for it are dealership only if you keep things stock... if you ever want to do anything performance wise..I suggest flyin-miata.com they do AWSOME work and they are great people. They are helping me with mine right now. Hope all goes well. As far as reliability.. I have 2 of them.. one for summer one for winter.... I live in WI... we just got 22 IN of snow and my winterized miata (TOYO winter tires with a Tein 2' lift and ACT stage 2 clutch (for more toque) and a K&N intake with HKS full exauhst (total cost about 1100 if you want to do that) not only gives me the power to handle ANY weather but I was seeing Ford F-150's 4x4's and AWD vehicles in ditches and here I am in a roadster going 45 in 8 inches of snow around back hwy bends and curves hugging the road like a baby to its mommy. Its a wonderful car for traction/control. As far as if she got hit by someone.............. I don't think it would hold up to well.... unless you bough a full body roll cage with reinforced body work..... The miata would be turned into a can of tuna by a truck or large car at speeds as low as 35...... Sorry.. there is always a downfall to everything....