Mazda 323,Mazda 626 & Mazda 929 Whether the compact 323, the mid sized 626, or the full sized 929, these vehicles remain very popular even though production has stopped.

Need help on this one guys!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2006, 11:04 AM
Default Need help on this one guys!!!

Ok

Car: 323 1.6 standard, 4cly, no power steering,

Back drop on the problem that this might be coming from. Ok about a year ago, 4/12/05 I got in my first accident, right front tire feel into a sewar drain, really screwed up my stearing gear box, I mean bad. My 10 and 2 wher at 12 and 6 if you know what I mean.

Any way so I am having problems now when I am about a little more than I want to say about 1/2 threw breaking that I can hear a kind of pop, or it sounds like to tick, tick. to two pieces of metal rubing to gether. but it gets pretty loud and I can really feel it. but when I am almost stop it stops and the car breaks like normal.

Also at higher speeds like 45-60 and up I get a shuddering in the stearing and the dash. I have heard that with this car thats kind of normal. It might also be because I might be missing a few screws in the dash. Or it could just be that my motor mounts are a little worn.

Any way what I am saying is I can't think that this problem on the right front could be just my breaks being worn. because I just replaced them to to long ago. say about two months. I also had my rotors turned also. So could it be my caliper? my be its hitting the wheel? I mean I think just something is off center or something like that.

I mean every thing was fixed after the accident. Also had it allined and every thing like that. but I mean maybe it could be my breaks, because this diddn't happen so much when I put the new pads on only after they got worn a bit.

I am just trying to get some ideas and try to figure out what to do/look for. I mean I have taken off the wheel and looked at it all but couldn't see any thing.

so any help would be great.

Old 05-14-2006, 11:46 AM
Default RE: Need help on this one guys!!!

rotors are easier to warp after being machined(thinner=less area for heat to disapate)have them checked or replaced
also have the suspension recheaked ball joints tierod ends wheel bearings control arm bushings
also i have seen the metal shims between the brake pads and spindle wearout/missing(allows the pad to move) or rub on the rotor