Mazda 323,Mazda 626 & Mazda 929 Whether the compact 323, the mid sized 626, or the full sized 929, these vehicles remain very popular even though production has stopped.

I would like as much help as I can get....

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2006, 02:01 AM
Default I would like as much help as I can get....

Ok I will try not to make this long.

Car: 1992 323 1.6 SOHC 4cly. Standard Trans. 5speed.

I would love to be able to rebuild my engine, I would love to just replace all or most of the parts. The only problem is its kind of hard to do this with out taking the whole engien out. What can I do with the engine still in the car? I mean what am I looking at when replaceing seal, camshafts, vaules, springs and all that?

I want to know what I can do now, If its not really likey I can do much with the engine still in the car I will just have to look at picking up a good 1.6 block and taking it some where to get it rehoned and put back to gether with new part, pistons, rings ect...

I mean I guess what I am saying is I love this car and I would like to know what I can do right now as far as replaceing some major parts.

Its it possible to change out the camshaft, spring, vaules in my drive way? I mean I want to see about taking some of this stuff off and inspecting it and cleaning it just to get it running better.

I really need some help on this. I am working on being a Mechanic I love mazda. I have taken apart DOCH 4cly. befor at school but thats much diffrent with the engine on a stand and it not having ever been run or going back in to a car.

I need some help on this, I wish I could just take out the motor and take it to get reboared and have new rods and parts put in now. But I really don't have another ride right now. I mean I guess I am looking at getting another 1.6 and just staring with that.

Need I idea on good parts for this job. I am wanting to start looking now. This is my project for my self. Well that and to show my lazy a$$ step dad I know what I am talking about when it comes to my little 323.

Please I want to get pointed in the right direction on this. I am starting slowy but i want to do this right being my fist build.

Thank you

Old 08-02-2006, 12:35 AM
Default RE: I would like as much help as I can get....

Pick up another block and build it on the stand. Run your car as is until it's done, then swap motors.

I once swapped engines in a 1968 Bronco over a 2 day period (maybe about 8 hours total), during finals week while carrying 23 credit hours with the help of 1 other friend.

There aren't that many bolts that hold a motor in. If you can rebuild the engine, you can pull it as well.