Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

PLS HELP! WOULD LIKE SOME COSMETIC ISSUE ADVICE.

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2007, 07:55 PM
Default PLS HELP! WOULD LIKE SOME COSMETIC ISSUE ADVICE.

thanks for reading, so yesterday morning i parked my baby in front of my driveway and my roomate accidentally and carelessly scraped my front right side door. (1 inch in length,. 3 mm. in height) and is deep where you can see the metal. Not only did she hit it, today i looked at it again and i noticed a ding along with the scratch. this happened to me before, but it was just a scratch that cost me about $790. I asked her about it and she admitted that she scraped it.

how much do you guys think the estimate cost would be?

car scratch kit will not do its job in repairing i believe?

please give me some advice guys i need as much information to back my point up.

thanks!

Old 08-05-2007, 09:34 PM
Default RE: PLS HELP! WOULD LIKE SOME COSMETIC ISSUE ADVICE.

take it to 3 places and get an estimate. get her to pay for it or take out that much damage to her face.

Old 08-06-2007, 07:32 AM

women drivers.....*sigh*

Old 08-06-2007, 09:47 AM

women drivers? that sounds kind of sexist to me. for your concern my car was "parked", i parked it as far away from the other car as possible.

Old 08-06-2007, 09:49 AM

yea the scratch kit aint gonna work... =T I will start calling the body shops and see... do you know the exact procedure for fixing a door ding? ... *sigh* this just ruined my day.

Old 08-06-2007, 11:29 AM

typically either drill a hole in the center of the dent and use a dent puller, or pull the interior door panel and hammer it out from the inside using a body hammer/dollie. either will require a little fill work and painting. They'll most likely re-paint the whole door.

Old 08-06-2007, 01:22 PM

$790 to fix a scratch on a door.. Tell the guy its NOT a insurance claim.
they will do it cheaper if they know you are paying out of your pocket. or see if one the guys will do it on the side.
or smash all the stuff you want to replace and claim it on your insurance and get rid of all the scratches and dings.. ha ah

Old 08-06-2007, 02:13 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: badassgurl1030

women drivers? that sounds kind of sexist to me. for your concern my car was "parked", i parked it as far away from the other car as possible.
I do believe he was referring to your roomate, not you.
And even my wife hates other woman drivers. She has more of a problem with them than I do.

Old 08-06-2007, 03:11 PM

virgin what would you do if you were me? i need some advice from you. i talked to my co-workers who are mechanics, they told me to call the insurance for them to take care of it and have the people (who ding my door to pay).

Old 08-06-2007, 04:00 PM
Super Moderator

I don't believe I have all the fact, nor am I a lawyer. We don't know what your relationship w/your roomy is, or what she has offered you for damaging your car. What have you and she talked about?
What is your deductible? If it's $500, you may be doing more harm to yourself than is worth it.
Calling your insurance co will almost certainly raise your rates for something best handled between the two of you.
It will put a black mark on your record as an incident. Too many of those and you become a high risk.
From what I know now, I wouldn't be too quick to follow that advise.

Quick Reply: PLS HELP! WOULD LIKE SOME COSMETIC ISSUE ADVICE.